In this article, we will tell you how you can remove bloatware on Android. So, without further ado, let’s go ahead!
In this present era, the mobile phone is a need of every person. It is considered an easy way to stay connected with your loved ones. Android devices are much in demand because of their cheaper rates. These devices are easy to carry and easy to use. Their battery timings are good and run a whole day. It has multiple features like flashlight, dark/light mode, dual sim, eye care mode, swipe the screen, and so on. On these devices, manufacturers and carriers often pre-install a bunch of apps. If you do not use them, it might not drain your battery in the background but, also clutter your system. So, you should take control of it and stop bloatware.
Uninstalling v/s Disabling Bloatware
You have a few choices when it comes to removing bloatware from your system, which are stated as under:
- Uninstalling an app means the app is entirely removed from a device but, this is possible for “non-essential” apps only
- You cannot install a system’s app like the phone, calendar, messaging, file manager, and so on. If you remove them then, it makes the phone malfunction and it’s impossible without measures.
- Apps that cause issues if they were fully uninstalled can sometimes be “disabled”. It indicates that the app is still there but, it can not be opened or run in the background.
- Not all apps can be disabled like phones and messaging apps. These apps can not be disabled because the manufacturer does not want you to end up without them.
However, to remove bloatware from a device then, proceed ahead.
How to Get Rid of Bloatware on an Android
To remove bloatware, follow the simple steps given below:
- Swipe down from the top of a screen (once or twice, depending on the device) and tap a gear icon to open up the Settings menu
- Now, choose Apps from a list of options on a screen
- You are required to tap “See All [Number] Apps” to check a full list of installed apps. Well, some devices show the full list right away
- Select the app (or apps – one by one) you wanted to disable or install
- On an app info page, there appears either the option to “Uninstall” or “Disable” simply, tap it to remove the app
- A pop message will appear on a screen saying that you want to uninstall or disable the app. Then, tap “OK” or “Disable App” to continue. Well, if the app can not be disabled, the option will be greyed out automatically.
We are done and if you want to re-enable an app then, repeat the steps and tap “Turn On” or “Enable”.
Also see: How to Add NGL Link to Instagram Story
That’s it, folks! Try these steps out and remove the bloatware from your device. Well, we hope that you liked our article How to Get Rid of Bloatware on an Android. For any suggestions, let us know and also, share your queries in the comment box mentioned below.