In this article, we will tell you how you can enable or disable snap layouts feature in windows 11. So, let’s go ahead!
Windows are the most efficient and firstly introduced device in the market. These machines work like a human brain and from past till present, got a great place in every human’s heart. People love to work on such devices because every assignment, business, research, or project-related work is done quite easily on it. Nonetheless, Windows 11 is the most recent and newest version of Windows is introduced in the market. It has multiple features like malware protection, data security & privacy, saves passwords, multiple desktops, wallpapers & themes, system updation updates, and so on.
Moreover, it also has a Snap Layouts feature (previously known as Snap Assist) that resizes one or more windows automatically to fill the screen upon dragging. Well, it is a customizable feature (enable or disable it as per your own choice) and you can choose from six different types of layouts to adjust up to 4 windows on a screen at once.
Enable or Disable the Snap Layouts Feature in Windows 11
There are two ways to make this task done, which are stated as under:
Via Windows Settings
You can enable or disable this feature via Windows settings. To make this task done, firstly, log in to Windows as an administrator then, follow the simple steps given below:
- Press Win + I simultaneously on a keyboard to open up settings
- Choose the System from a list placed on the left pane and tap Multitasking situated on the right side of a window
- On a new window, search for the Snap windows option and tap the toggle button associated with it On (or Off) as per your preferences
- If you enabling this feature then, expand the dropdown menu for Snap windows and uncheck/checkmark the options there to customize the feature further.
Via the Windows Registry
You can enable or disable this feature via Windows Registry but, firstly, log in to Windows as an administrator and then, create a Registry backup. This will help you to restore the current working state of the Registry. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Press Win + R keys simultaneously on a keyboard to open up the Run dialogue box
- Type regedit in the search bar and tap Enter
- Choose Yes in the User Account Control prompt
- Now, navigate to the location below if you want to disable Snap Layouts:
- Right-click the Advanced key and select New > then, tap the DWORD (32-bit) Value option
- Rename this value as SnapAssist, Double-click it, and under Value data, type 0
- Now, tap OK to save the changes.
- If you want to enable Snap Assist, type 1 under Value data and tap OK.
- When done, navigate to the following location in Registry Editor:
- Then, locate WindowArrangementActive place at the right pane and double-click it
- Type 1 under Value data and click OK.
- In case you can’t locate WindowArrangementActive then, right-click Desktop and tap New > choose DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Now, rename this value as WindowArrangementActive and then, make the changes above. Enjoy!
Also see: How to Find Your WhatsApp Username
That’s it, guys! We hope that you liked our article How to Enable or Disable the Snap Layouts Feature in Windows 11. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.