Having problems with your slow Windows but can’t re-install because of your data? Try these methods to reinstall Windows 11 without deleting any apps.
Windows 11 is the most recent version introduced in the market. It is considered the fastest and most efficient window than its prior version. It has several features like multiple desktops, data security & privacy, malware protection, and so on. Sometimes, troubleshooting a Windows 11 system for critical errors (or performance problems), you may be required to reinstall the OS. Its built-in recovery option enables you to reinstall OS and keeps your files but, deletes all installed apps. However, to get rid of this issue you are required to upgrade to reinstall Windows 11 without deleting apps. So, let’s get started!
Reinstall Windows 11 Without Deleting Any Apps
You can repair Windows 11 by following the two simple methods given below:
Repair Install Windows 11 With a USB drive
You are required to have a bootable USB drive to perform an in-place upgrade of an OS without deleting your data & apps. To do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- Connect a bootable USB drive to a PC.
- Now, open File Explorer and then, open a USB drive.
- Double-click the setup.exe file to start a Windows setup and tap Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
- In an Install Windows 11 window, tap Change how Setup downloads updates.
- Select Not at the moment and tap Accept to agree with terms & conditions. This setup will run a few checks to ensure that you are ready to install.
- Now, in the Choose what to keep window, tap Keep personal files and apps.
- Choose Next to proceed further and in the Ready to install window, review your settings. If you are interested to change your selection, tap Change what to keep.
- Select the Install button to start the process and it will take a long time to complete, so leave your system idle and connected to the power outlet.
- When completed, either you can log in with your local user account or Microsoft Account.
Repair Install Windows 11 With an ISO Image
You can use a Windows 11 ISO image to perform an in-place upgrade and reinstall the OS. But, firstly, download a Windows 11 ISO file and save it to a PC, and then, follow the simple steps given below:
- Right-click the ISO file and select Mount. Also, you can double-click the file to mount it to a PC
- In a File Explorer, head to This PC > choose Devices and drives and double-click the newly mounted virtual drive as this launch the Windows 11 setup wizard
- In a Windows 11 Setup window, tap Change how to setup downloads updates
- Select Not at the moment then, click Next and choose Accept to proceed further
- Now, tap OK if a warning related to your display language appears on a screen
- In a Ready to install window, tap Change what to keep
- Select Keep personal files and apps and tap Next (but, note that, you are not able to use a PC during the installation process so, save all your work & close the apps)
- Click the Install button to start the process as it will take a while to complete
- When completed, your PC restarts automatically then, head to the Settings > choose Apps > tap Apps and Features, and you should have installed all the apps and games
However, the next step is to install the missing updates by going to the Settings > tap Windows update > choose Check for updates to install pending Windows & third-party updates.
That’s all, guys! The above-mentioned methods will surely help you to reinstall Windows 11. Try these methods out and tell us which one works best for you. Well, we are done with this article How to Reinstall Windows 11 Without Deleting Any Apps. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.