In this article, we will tell you how you can delete a PivotTable in MS Excel. So, without further ado, let’s get started!!
In the 21st century, research took a wide place in the education field. Students and professors do their research and find out their data’s results via different apps, tools or software. Microsoft Excel is one of the well-known apps that is widely used by students and professors to organize their data (in rows & columns) to find out their results. Also, it uses spreadsheets to organize numbers & data with formulas and functions. It also has a PivotTable which is a summary of data, packaged in a chart that reports on and explores trends based on information. It is considered an interactive way to summarize large amounts of data quickly. But, people are unaware of how to remove PivotTable which data is wrongly entered in MS Excel. If you are one of them then, you are in a right place.
Delete a PivotTable in Microsoft Excel
You can remove the PivotTable from a spreadsheet in Excel with the help of two ways, which are stated:
Delete a PivotTable via Keyboard Key
You can remove a PivotTable from a spreadsheet by using a keyboard shortcut key. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Head to your spreadsheet with Microsoft Excel and select the PivotTable you want to remove via cursor
- When your table is selected then, press the Delete key placed on a keyboard
However, if you ever delete a table accidentally, you can restore it by pressing Ctrl+Z (on Windows) or Command+Z (on Mac) quickly.
Delete a PivotTable via a Ribbon Option
Another way to remove PivotTable from a spreadsheet is via using a ribbon option. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Firstly, tap any cell in your PivotTable and an Excel ribbon placed at the top, choose the “PivotTable Analyze” tab.
- Now, in the “Actions” section, tap Select > choose the Entire PivotTable option as it highlights a table in your spreadsheet
- When your table is selected, press the Delete key on a keyboard
Hence, your selected PivotTable is removed from your spreadsheet and you are done.
That’s it. The above-mentioned ways will surely help you to remove the PivotTable from a spreadsheet. Try these steps out and interpret your data again. Well, we are done with this article How to Delete a PivotTable in Microsoft Excel. For any queries, let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.