In this article, we will tell you how you can automatically label emails in the Gmail app. So, let’s get started!
People when completing their studies or gaining skills want to have a good job. They apply for different jobs (via Gmail, Yahoo, & so on) by sending emails through these apps to a company or any other platform. Gmail is the most widely used app to apply for jobs, foreign scholarships, freelancing market, and so on via email. This app has some other features like chit-chat, joining or creating a meeting, sharing your pictures or documents with other members, and so on. Also, it offers the helpful feature of labeling emails. It provides a way to put things in order and break up the onslaught of information, which help and makes things easier to understand an email. You can easily set things up to automatically label inbound emails.
Automatically Label Emails in Gmail
You firstly have to set up labels in Gmail and color-coded labels make it easier to organize your inbox. Well, automatically labeling emails in Gmail involves creating a mail filter. To do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- Head to the Gmail app and log in to your account.
- In a Gmail search bar placed at the top, tap the Show search options icon. You can see this option placed at the right corner of the search bar of Gmail.
- You will get a drop-down having multiple options on a screen.
- Now, in a From field, type the email you want automatically labeled in Gmail (i.e, email can be that a bank uses to communicate with you or it can be a shopping website used to send you its periodic newsletter).
- At the bottom right side of a screen, choose the Create filter option.
- Tap a field Apply the label and choose a label from a dropdown menu beside it.
- Choose the Create filter option placed at the bottom of the main dropdown.
That’s it, guys! The above-mentioned steps will surely help you to automatically label emails in the Gmail app. Try these steps out and enjoy using this feature on this app. Hence, we are done with this article How to Automatically Label Emails in Gmail. For any suggestions, do let us know and also, share your queries in the comment box stated below.