In this article, we will tell you how you can fix microphone not working on Windows 11. So, let’s get started!!
People love to do office work, assignments, or projects on Windows PC. Freelancers also do their freelancing on a Windows PC as this makes their tasks done more easier. Windows 11 is the most recent window introduced in the market. It is the most efficient and fastest window than its prior version. It has multiple features like malware protection, security & privacy of data, multiple desktops, home & screen lock wallpapers, and so on. Sometimes, it might get unwanted errors like the device will not detect microphones, and sometimes security updates will fail to install.
Fix Microphone Not Working on Windows 11
You can fix the error on Windows 11 by following the simple fixes mentioned below:
1. Check the Microphone Cable and Jack
The first method to resolve this error is to check the microphone cable and jack. So, you are required to check your microphone that might resolve the error before tweaking the settings on a PC. You can try plugging your microphone with another device to ensure that this is not hardware related. Also, you can try connecting your smartphone (as a microphone) to Windows 11 to check whether it works or not. Once you are sure that the issue is not related to the microphone device then, try out the next method.
2. Run the Recording Audio Troubleshooter
Another method to resolve this error is to run a recording audio troubleshooter. Windows has developed a set of troubleshooters that come with its latest versions. It has a troubleshooter almost for every hardware and software-related issue such as Windows not downloading the latest updates, network problems, or keyboard not working. However, the Recording Audio troubleshooter will scan the system for potential problems and recommend fixes accordingly. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Head to the Start menu and search for settings in a search bar, click it
- Choose the System option from a list placed on the left side
- Tap the Troubleshoot option placed on the right side of a window
- Choose the Other troubleshooter option to access a list of troubleshooter
- Search and find Recording Audio and click the Run button placed in front of it
- Now, choose a device you are having issues with and tap Next
- It will now run a scan again and identify the fix then, choose Apply this fix to continue
- When done, now, restart the PC again and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
However, you can also try increasing the sound of your microphone with the help of the Control Panel and see if works or not.
3. Restart the Windows Audio Service
You can fix the error by restarting the Windows audio service. There might a chance that a service required for the microphone is not working well. So, to restart an Audio service, follow the simple steps given below:
- Head to the Run box by pressing Win + R simultaneously
- Now, type services.msc in a search bar and tap OK
- On a new window, search Windows Audio and right-click it
- Choose the restart option to remove the errors
However, now, close the Services window and check if the microphone not working is resolved or not.
4. Allow PC to Access Your Microphone
You can resolve the error by allowing the PC to access your microphone. If you use the microphone on an app that does not allow to access it because there might occur an error. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Head to the Windows settings by pressing Win + I keys together
- Tap Privacy & Security from a list placed on the left pane
- Select the Microphone option placed on the right side of a window
- Now, tap the toggle button for Microphone access to make it turn On
- In the same window, tap toggle for Let apps access your microphone to make it turn On
- Finally, expand Let apps access your microphone and make sure the toggle for your targeted app is turned On too.
Now, check whether the issue is resolved or not.
That’s it, folks! The above-mentioned fixes will surely let you resolve the error on Windows 11. Try these fixes out and tell us which one suits you the best. Well, we are done with this article How to Fix: Microphone Not Working on Windows 11. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment section mentioned below.