Well, in this article, we will tell you how to delete folders in Gmail; in the web, on iPhone, or iPad versions.
Gmail is the most widely used app that is used to send emails to other people worldwide. This app allows sending a CV, resume, and documents to a person or a company to get a job. Also, you can send documents to get admission outside a state to an international institute. This app has an easy-to-use interface and multiple features like chit-chat, voice & video calls, creating a meeting, and so on. However, Gmail’s folders (also known as labels) enable you to put relevant emails together. If you don’t want one or more folders, you can easily delete them from iPhone, iPad & Gmail’s web versions.
How to Delete Folders in Gmail
Moreover, when you delete a folder it can’t be restored but, you can create a new folder. Before moving ahead, firstly, find and delete all your emails placed in that folder.
PC (Windows, Mac, Linux, or Chromebook)
You can delete your email folders on a PC by following the simple steps:
- Head to a Gmail web browser on a PC, open it, and log in to your account
- On a new window, the sidebar is placed on the left, and find a folder that you want to delete.
- Then, click the folder and choose three dots to open a menu.
- From a menu, choose “Remove Label” and click the “Delete” option
Now, the folder will be deleted from Gmail successfully.
iPhone or iPad
You can delete your email folder on an iPhone or iPad by following the simple steps:
- Head to the Gmail on your device and log in to your account
- On the top left corner, tap the three horizontal lines (hamburger menu)
- Scroll down and find “Settings” from a list placed on the left side, tap it
- Choose your Gmail account and scroll down & click “Label Settings”
- On a new window, tap the folder (label) to remove them, and select “Delete [Folder Name]”
- Finally, select the Delete option to delete the folder
That’s all and we hope that you liked our article How to Delete Folders in Gmail. Well, follow the above-mentioned details to delete your unnecessary folders in the Gmail app. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment section mentioned below.