In this article, we will tell you how you can fix this error “This account is also logged into Facebook” on the Messenger app. So, let’s get started!!
Facebook is the most famous app that is widely used by people globally. Its sub-app Messenger lets you chit-chat, and make voice & video calls with your family and friends. People can also play on this app with friends and make their time more enjoyable. Some other features include dark/light mode, photo/video sharing, group chats, recording voice messages, and so on.
Sometimes, there occurs an error “This account is also logged into Facebook” on the Facebook Messenger app on an Android. It occurs when you are trying to remove an account from the Messenger app, as you logged into that account on Facebook, you will not be able to remove it. It persists, even if you are logged out of Facebook.
Fix: “This account is also logged into Facebook”
Time needed: 5 minutes.
You can fix the error “This account is also logged into Facebook” on the Messenger app by following the simple steps given below:
- Go to Your Phone’s Settings
Navigate to Settings > Accounts and Backup.
- Tap “Accounts”
Among all options, tap Accounts.
- Remove Your Facebook Accounts
Tap your Facebook account to extend the options.
- Tap “Remove Account”
Choose “Remove Account” from the options.
1. Go to your phone’s settings
- Search for the settings app and click it
- Now, choose “Accounts and backup” from a list of options that appear, as this allows you to manage your accounts and backups (including Samsung Cloud and Smart Switch).
2. Tap “Accounts”
- When done, the accounts and the backup page will open up including “Accounts”, “Backup and restore”, “Samsung Cloud”, and “Smart Switch”
- Now, click “Accounts” if you look for Facebook account removal
3. Remove your Facebook accounts
- If you choose the option of an account, you will land on an “Accounts” page including Facebook, Google, Messenger, and others.
- Now, you are required to remove an account that is linked to the Messenger app simply, tap the account and remove them.
4. Tap “Remove account”
- When you click one of the accounts, you will land on an account page including “Remove account” and “Sync account”
- Choose “Remove account”, if you want to remove an account
However, if you are done with closing your account then, force-close the Messenger app. Now, you are required to remove the app’s cache data simply, open your device’s settings > tap the Apps option > then, choose Messenger > tap Storage > finally, choose Cache data. Also, do the same thing for the Facebook app.
That’s all, folks!! The above-mentioned steps will surely let you resolve the error on the Messenger app. Try these steps out and start enjoying the Messenger app again. We are done with this article How to Fix: “This account is also logged into Facebook” on Messenger. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.