In this article, we will tell you how you can fix the error “Business accounts can’t be private” on the Instagram app. So, let’s get started!!
Instagram is the most famous app that is loved by people globally. This app has an easy-to-use interface and is a source of earning for most people as they used to sell their products via this platform online. It has several features like dark/light mode, voice & video call, chit-chat, create a story, reels, etc. People can make their personal and business accounts individually on this platform. But, a personal account can be set as a private account while a business account isn’t. Sometimes, there occurs an error “Business accounts can’t be private” on this app and many users have reported this issue.
Similarly, if you want to set a business account private then, you are firstly required to switch it to a personal account. Otherwise, it is not possible to set it as private.
Fix: “Business accounts can’t be private” on Instagram
Time needed: 3 minutes.
You can fix the error “Business accounts can’t be private” on the Instagram app by following the simple steps given below:
- Go to Your Instagram Profile
Navigate to Instagram > Profile > Menu.
- Go to Your Settings
Choose Settings from the menu.
- Tap “Switch Account Type”
Choose Account > Switch Account Type
- Switch to a Personal Account
Select Switch to Personal Account. Navigate to Settings > Private Account > Switch to Private.
1. Go to Your Instagram Profile
- Head to the Instagram app and log in to your account.
- Tap the profile icon placed on the bottom navigation bar.
- Now, choose the menu icon situated on the top navigation bar.
2. Go to Your Settings
- When done, the menu page will open up having multiple options like “Settings”, “Archive”, “Your activity”, and so on.
- Now, choose the settings option to open up the settings page.
3. Tap “Switch Account Type”
- When done, choose the Account option from a list that appears.
- On the account page, multiple options appear on a screen simply, scroll down to the bottom and tap “Switch account type” to switch an account.
4. Switch to a Personal Account
- When tapped, you will be given multiple options now, choose “Switch to Personal Account” to switch to a personal account as business accounts on this app can not be set to private.
- Now, you will be able to set your account to private simply, go to the settings and choose privacy.
- Under “Account privacy”, there appears the “Private Account” option, click it to enable it and choose the “Switch to Private” option to set your account private.
That’s all, folks!! The above-mentioned steps will surely help you to resolve the error on the Instagram app. Follow these steps out and start enjoying the app again. Now, people will request you to follow your account. We hope that you liked our article How to Fix: “Business accounts can’t be private” on Instagram. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.