In this article, we will tell how you delete a group chat on the Messenger app. So, let’s go ahead!!
Messenger is a well-known app that is widely used globally. People love to use this app because it keeps connected via chit-chat, voice & video call, themes, dark & mode, and so on. This app also has a group chat facility where every person is considered a family member and plays their role in a group. However, when no one is present in a group then, the group admin might get fed up and decides to delete the group. If you are also interested in deleting a group chat then, don’t get panic.
How to Delete a Group Chat on Messenger
You can delete the group by followings the simple steps given below:
- Head to the Facebook Messenger and login to it
- Now, navigate to the chat group that you want to delete
- Tap the navigation bar placed on the top of a group only if you are an admin
Tap “See Group Members”
- When tapped, the group settings page will appear on a screen
- Now, you are required to remove members from a group chat so, to remove a member tap “See group members”.
Remove Everyone From the Group
- You are now, required to remove everyone from the group
- Tap a member and choose Remove From Group but, you can not remove all members at once. Well, you have to remove members one by one.
Leave the Group
- When done, now, remove yourself from the group by yourself and choose “Leave Group”. After that, a pop-up message appears on a screen.
- Now, select the leave option to leave the group chat, and hence, a group is permanently deleted.
That’s all, folks!! We hope that the above-mentioned details will surely help you to delete the group chat permanently on the Messenger app. You can try these steps out and tell us whether this worked out or not. Well, we are done with this article How to Delete a Group Chat on Messenger. For any suggestions or queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.