In this article, we will tell you how you can recover deleted messages on Messenger. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Messenger is a well-known app that is widely used to send text messages, and make voice or video calls. This app can also make people keep closer to their loved ones. It has a number of features like dark/night mode, themes, and so on. Sometimes, people love to have memories stored in the form of messages from their loved ones. Due to some reason, the messages get deleted then, it seems quite painful. But, don’t panic, you are lucky because this app has the ability to recover your deleted messages. One can easily recover the deleted messages in this app.
Recover Deleted Messages on Messenger
Time needed: 5 minutes.
You can easily recover your deleted messages by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Open the Facebook app
Open Facebook > Menu > Settings & Privacy.
- Tap “Download your information”
Find Your information > Download your information.
- Deselect all and select “Messages”
Tap Deselect All and choose your desired messages.
- Tap “Create File”
Use “HTML” as format and “High” as media quality then click CREATE FILE.
- Tap “Download”
Download your information > finally, choose AVAILABLE COPIES.
- Log in to your Facebook account
Use your Facebook credentials to download the data
- Navigate to the messages that you want to recover
Locate the messages you want to recover
- Read the messages
Once the messages are available, start reading them
1. Open the Facebook app
- Head to the Facebook on a device and log in to your account
- Now, tap a menu icon placed on the bottom navigation bar
- Scroll and locate Settings & Privacy from a list of options and then, tap the settings option
2. Tap “Download your information”
- When done, now, scroll and find Your information header
- Now, tap Download your information to proceed further
3. Deselect all and select “Messages”
- On this page, you can either download a complete copy or select the types of information that you want
- Now, tap Deselect All to deselect all the info and if you want to recover deleted messages then, choose Messages to recover the copy of messages exchanged with other people
4. Tap “Create File”
- Scroll down at the bottom, you will have 3 dropdown boxes that include Date range, Format, and Media quality. If you want to recover old messages then, change the date range for the previous day. Also, choose All of my data, use “HTML” as format and “High” as media quality.
- Now, choose the CREATE FILE option to place your request.
5. Tap “Download”
- When done, now, wait for a file to get ready but, if you have a few messages it will take a few seconds. If there are more messages then, it might take two hours or more. Now, you will receive an email narrating the file you have requested containing your info is now ready for you to download
- Then, go back to the Download Your Information page by following a simple path: head to the Facebook app > Menu > choose Settings & Privacy > Settings > select Your information > Download your information > finally, choose AVAILABLE COPIES.
- Now, tap download to get started with the downloading process of your message information
6. Log in to your Facebook account
- You are now, required to your Facebook account by entering your details
- Tap log in and a pop-up will open up then, tap the download option to download your message information
- If using an iPhone then, the file will be downloaded in the Files app. Select the downloaded file to unzip it
- A folder facebook-username will appear, open it and tap the messages option
- Now, tap inbox to head to your Messenger inbox and navigate to the person that you’ve chatted with.
- Open a file, and tap message_1 to view the message between you and that person.
8. Read the messages
- When done, an HTML file will open up containing a full list of messages that you and the person sent to each other on Messenger.
- Now, you can scroll through the file to find the deleted message.
Note: Keep in mind that downloaded information will only be available for 5 days. After 5 days it automatically expires and you have to request it again.
That’s it, folk!! We hope that the above-mentioned steps will surely help you to recover the deleted messages on this app. Well, if you are an Android user, navigate to your notification history then, turn on your Messenger notifications. If someone unsend a message, you will see it in your notification history. Do check out the steps and let us know if this works out or not. Hence, we are done with this article How to Recover Deleted Messages on Messenger. For any queries, do let me know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.