In this article, we will tell you how you can change your Apple ID for iMessage on an iPhone/iPad. So, let’s get started!!
Apple devices are the most well-known devices that are loved by all people globally. These are the fastest and most efficient devices having a number of features like dark/night mode, easy-to-use interface, iMessage, high-quality camera, and so on. However, iMessage is a famous feature that provides an easy way to send texts, photos, or videos that you send to another iPad, iPhone, and Mac via internet or cellular data. A device uses a primary Apple ID linked to your device by default. With iMessage, you can send messages without a contact number but you need the Apple ID of other users. Well, if you want to send a message via the new Apple ID, you can easily change it without affecting your device’s data.
Nonetheless, iMessage is an instant messaging service that is used to send texts, photos, or videos to another Apple device via WiFi or cellular network. The texts are fully encrypted and appear in blue text bubbles. But, there might be multiple ids (like personal and official) that seem quite irritating. So, in this case, you can switch your Apple ID as per your own choice.
Change Your Apple ID for iMessage on an iPhone/iPad
Apple ID is the primary factor that manages the Apple products and uses its services like iMessage, Apple Music, APP store, and iCloud iTunes app. You can use an Apple device by making an Apple ID, only then you can use all the subscriptions and services. If you use more than 1 id then, your device’s data will be lost. Well, now, you can switch an Apple ID with another one.
To do so, follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Head to the Settings app on an iPhone and navigate & tap message from a list that appears
- Select Send & Receive placed below the message option to continue
- When done, it will open up primary account details like the phone number and email id. Tap Apple ID is shown below for more options.
- Now, choose to sign out from the iMessage pop-up menu to change the primary account to add another Apple ID.
- Tap the Use your Apple ID for the iMessage option and choose Use Other Apple ID to sign via another id to use iMessage.
- Then, enter your other account credentials to use the iMessage facility.
That’s it, folks! We hope that the above-mentioned steps would surely help you to change the Apple ID on your iPhone/iPad. Well, you can set your details private when sending/receiving messages from other users. Also, you can’t sync the iMessage data to iCloud because it can’t access different Apple IDs without linking to any Apple devices. We expect that you liked our article on how to change your Apple ID for iMessage on an iPhone/iPad. Share your thoughts in the comment box mentioned below.