Ever wonder where your saved password goes in Windows? This article is all about finding the hidden and saved passwords in Windows 11.
Windows 10 are widely used device globally because people love to use these devices. These devices are quite efficient and have unique features like Cortona on desktop, Xbox app, universal apps, multiple desktops, task view, tablet mode, saved passwords, and so on. However, if you have forgotten a password but know that it is saved somewhere on a PC. Also, you can access the Windows password and check whether it is there or not. Well, windows save a list of passwords and you can access them whenever you want.
Find Hidden & Saved Passwords in Windows 11
Moreover, these passwords are saved in a web browser, WiFi networks, and other services and are used on a PC. You can also reveal these passwords is quite easy and there are built-in tools on a PC, which let you access them. Well, in this article, we will tell you how to find hidden & saved Passwords in Windows 10 so, let’s get started!!
View Windows Saved Passwords via Credentials Manager
Windows Credentials Manager is a feature that allows you to save login details on Windows 10 PC. Well, it keeps a track of all your web and windows passwords and let you access them whenever you needed. The web passwords saved are usually from Internet Explorer and Edge. Also, Chrome, Firefox, and other web browsers’ passwords will not appear in a tool. For those browsers, you can check the settings and access the options to see the passwords. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Head to the settings, search Control Panel in a search bar, and open it
- Click the User Accounts to check out the details
- On a screen, click Credential Manager to open a tool on a PC
- When open, you will see two tabs i.e., Windows Credential and Web Credential
- Web credentials will host all your passwords and you can sign in to various websites by using these passwords.
- Windows credentials store your passwords like NAS drive passwords, etc. For this, you need a cooperative environment.
- To reveal a password for an entry, click the down arrow placed next to it. Now, click a link Show placed next to Password.
- It will ask you to enter your Windows account password. Also, if you use a fingerprint then, place your finger to scan it.
That’s it, it will display a password on a screen immediately.
View Saved WiFi Passwords On Windows 11
A credential manager does not allow you to view the saved WiFi passwords and there are two ways via which you can access Windows saved passwords for WiFi. These methods will allow you to access all the passwords of WiFi.
Use Command Prompt To Reveal Saved WiFi Passwords
A command prompt will allow you to perform several tasks on a PC and one of them is that it allows you to access WiFi passwords. It will display a list of all the networks and you can see the password of your particular device. If you have not used a tool yet then, don’t get worried. To do so, follow the steps:
- Head to the start menu and search the Command prompt in a search bar, click it
- Click the Run as administrator option and type a command in a command prompt window and hit enter:
netsh wlan show profiles
- Note down a network name of which you want to see a password
- Type a command replacing NAME with your WiFi network’s name and press Enter:
netsh wlan show profile name=NAME key=clear
Use An App To Access Saved WiFi Passwords
You can also check out the password via third-party apps as it easily and quickly reveals the saved passwords of Windows. One of the third-party apps is WiFi Password Revealer initiated by Magical Jelly Bean. It is free of cost and you can easily check out the passwords. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Download and launch WiFi Password Revealer on your PC
- It will scan and display all the WiFi passwords on a screen immediately
- If you like to copy a password then, right-click it and choose Copy selected password.
The above-mentioned techniques will surely help know the passwords of WiFi or any other browsers. We will be happy to know which method was easy and simple in the comment box. That’s it, guys! We hope that this article How to Find Hidden & Saved Passwords in Windows 10proves helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your thoughts in the comment section mentioned below.