iPhone devices are efficient devices that are loved by all people globally. They are fast and easy-to-use devices. There are several features like chit-chat, voice & video calls, a high-quality camera, and so on. However, the photo app on iPhone works to keep our images but, it also goes above or beyond to make that images special for us. Well, we are talking about For You tab of the Photos app. The montages created by the photos app are also beautiful as it decides on its own which picture or video is added to memory. So, enjoy this feature of the iPhone.
Moreover, if you like a picture very much but it is not a part of your memory then, it is not a big issue. You can easily add or remove it from a memory. Well, in this article, we will tell you how to add or remove photos from a memory on iPhone. So, let’s get started!
Add or Remove Photos from a Memory on iPhone
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here we will show you how you can add or remove photos from your iPhone’s Memory.
- Adding Photos
Navigate to For You tab > tap on See All > Tap on More > Manage photos > select images you want to add.
- Removing Photos
Open a Memory > Manage > choose photos and Delete.
Check out the detailed steps in the article below
Adding a Photo
Adding a photo is a little tricky as we know that photos app pick up pictures and make memories on their own after recognizing people, events, or places in your library. iPhone curate a memory based on an event and also includes a few highlighted videos and photos in it. Also, you add more images to it. However, the only way is to try to add a photo and look for it. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Go to the For You tab placed at the bottom of a screen
- Tap a memory you are interested to edit and if not visible then, click the see all option to see all the list and find a memory
- The memory will start playing on a screen without any option present on it. Tap a screen one time to see the options and various tools available. Click the more option placed on the upper-right side
- Tap Manage photos from a list that appears
- All photos and videos for that memory will appear. The picture or video of that memory will appear with a blue tick placed lower-right side. Now, select the one you want to add.
- If some photos or videos are a part of memory but not available in the curated selection. You can create a memory yourself and choose the photos or videos and then, let the photos app do its work of putting them together.
Removing a Photo
The photos app will end up with at least one picture that is hated by ourselves. It does not ruin the entire thing and you can easily remove it from a memory. It is removed from memory but not from the library. Well, there are multiple ways to remove a photo from a memory. However, you can add it back at any time by following the simple steps given below:
Also see: How to Test Webcam on a Windows 11 PC
Use the Manage Photos option
- Open a memory and tap it to view the options on a screen then, go to more options (three dots icon) placed in the upper right side
- Tap manage photos from a list that appears
- Photos for memory will open and will appear with a blue tick. Tap a photo you want to delete to deselect it and click done
However, this method is used to delete more than one photo at a time.
Hide a Photo While Viewing the Memory
You can also delete a photo while viewing a memory. If you hate a photo during watching it then, deleting it is considered a good choice. To do so, follow the steps:
- Open a memory and tap it to view the options on a screen
- Tap a pause option placed at the bottom of a screen so that you can delete the photo you hate. This option is possible only when you pause a memory
- Choose more options (three dots icon) placed on the upper right side and then, select ‘Hide from Memory’ from a list that appears.
Use the Browse Option
The option to hide a photo from memory when viewing it goes out of the window.
- In this case, tap a browse option placed on the lower-right side of a screen.
- When done, the video will continue to play if you don’t pause it. Also, all photos in memory will be available to browse on a screen
- Tap and hold a photo you wanted to delete.
- From a list of options, choose Hide from Memory to delete that photo from a memory.
Moreover, the photo app will allow having control over memories. Rather than adding or deleting pictures, you can also edit a subtitle, title, length, music, look, and more to make them more personal.
That’s it, guys! We hope that this article How to Add or Remove Photos from a Memory on iPhone proves helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment section mentioned below.