Google Docs is one of the well-known apps that are widely used by people all over the world. It is mostly used to make assignments, write articles or thesis, do office work, and so on. This app works quite efficiently and is easy to use. However, you can easily save images from the web or download the images from text-editing tools. Also, you can save images from this platform but it is such a head-scratching task. Moreover, in this article, we will tell you how you can save image from Google Docs on a mobile device (Android or iOS) and PC. Also, you will learn how you can extract multiple images in a single download from a document. So, let’s get started!!
Save Image From Google Docs
There are several ways to save images from Google Docs but, we have mentioned 5 ways, which are as follows:
1. How to Save Images From Google Docs on iPhone
You should have Google Docs and the Notes app to make this task done. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open a document in Google Docs and long-press an image you want to save, release it, and select copy
- Head to the Notes app and paste an image into a new note. Tap and hold on a blank space and select paste
- Select an image and click the share icon placed at the bottom-left corner, select save image
That’s it. You have saved an image to an iPhone and you can check an image in the Photos app.
2. Save Google Docs Images on Android
Unlike iOS, you are unable to save an image from a document in Google Docs. So, you have to download all the images in a document to device storage with the help of Google Drive. To do so, follow the steps:
- Head to Google Docs, tap a menu icon, and choose to Send a copy
- Select the Web page (.html, zipped) from a list and choose OK
- Choose a share option to upload a zipped image file to a Google Drive account
- Name a document, select a drive folder in which you want to save an image, and choose to save
- When done, locate a file in a Drive account, tap the menu icon > choose download
- Now, open a file in a Files app or any other third-party app (file manager) and extract the image out of a zip file.
That’s it. Now, you have saved an image in Google Docs to an Android device.
3. Save Images From Google Docs Using Google Keep
Google Keep is one of the Google add-ons integrated into Google Docs. It let users insert Google Keep notes in a document and saves a piece from a document as a note. It also provides a nifty workaround to save an image to Google Docs documents. To do so, follow the steps:
- Open a document, right-click an image and choose Save to Keep. On the right side, Google Docs will create a Note file via the selected image as content.
- Right-click an image and choose Save Image As from a list that appears
- Name a file and click Save. Also, delete an image from Google Keep after saving it on a PC.
- Click the image and select the three dots icon
- Select delete to remove an image from Google Keep.
4. Extract All Images as a Web Page File
If you want to save a file as an HTML web then, go for it. It supports a document in a ZIP file via two items i.e., an HTML text file and a folder containing all images. To do so, follow the steps:
- Head to Google Docs, select File > choose Download > then, select Web Page (.html, zipped)
- Save a ZIP file on a PC and unzip it to extract images
- Now, open a unzip folder and open an images folder to view all images in Google Docs.
Note: Images are not arranged in a sequence that appears in Docs and also, images don’t have real names. They are given random names and numbers by Google.
5. Save Google Docs Images Using Microsoft Word
If you want to extract a Google Docs file as Word Document and save it to a PC. Then, follow the simple steps:
- Head to Google Docs, click the File option placed on the top left side then, choose Download and select Microsoft Word (.docx)
- Now, save a Word document on a PC and open it via MS Word when downloading is done
- To save an image, right-click an image > then, choose Save as Picture
- Rename a file and select a location. MS Word will let you save images in different formats like PNG, JPEG, BMP, or GIF. Now, select a format in the “Save as Type” drop-down menu of your own choice and choose Save
- To save all images select file on a menu bar > then, choose Save As
- Select the file format option from a dropdown menu > then, choose Web Page (.htm)
- Now, choose a storage location and select Save. Go to that location where the file was saved and open a folder with a matching name
However, you will find all images in the image folder of MS Word and also, arranged in order but, with a randomly-generated name.
Let’s Talk Image Quality
The images downloaded with the help of the above-mentioned methods maintained the dimension, size, and quality like an original image uploaded to Google Docs. The image quality or size was not reduced on mobile or PC both. But, editing an image in Google Docs will affect the download size and quality. Also, cropping an image will reduce its size and dimension.
That’s it, guys! We hope that you liked our article 5 Ways to Save an Image From Google Docs and surely, it will helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.