Windows 11 is the latest and most efficient windows than its prior versions. It works quite fastly and has a number of features like the fastest antivirus scan, data protection, multiple screens, and so on. However, when you connect a new WiFi connection, the PC always remembers your credentials to connect to it whenever it is in range for your ease of convenience. Well, there are a number of reasons you face issues with your network i.e., either you can’t be able to connect it anymore or simply, you are not interested to connect that network anymore. So, let’s go ahead and see how we can forget a network in Windows 11.
Forget a Network on Windows 11
Luckily, many issues can be resolved by simply forgetting a network & connecting it back again. Moreover, the process of forgetting a network is plain-sailing as it gets. Well, in this article, we will tell you how to forget a WiFi network on Windows 11. So, let’s get started!
Forget the WiFi via the Control Center
Time needed: 3 minutes.
If you are interested in forgetting a currently connected network then, you can easily forget it from the Control Centre. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Reveal the Control Center
Click the WiFi icon placed on the right bottom side of a taskbar to reveal the control center.
- Click the Arrow
On a Control Center window, click the chevron (sideways arrow) placed next to the WiFi icon.
- Reveal Context Menu
Right-click the WiFi name from a list to reveal a context menu.
Click the forget option to remove the network from a list of saved networks
However, in case, if a network that you want to remove is not currently in range then, head to the settings app on a PC. Well, if you wish to remove a network that is not currently in range then, hop to the next section.
Also see: How To Fix Windows 11 Memory Leaks
Forget an Out of Range WiFi Network via the Settings App
In the settings app, a complete list of saved networks is present and if you wish to remove the currently added network then, you can easily do it. To do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- Head to the start menu and click the settings app placed under the pinned section or find it by directly typing its name in a search bar
- Click the Network & internet option placed on the left side
- On the right side of the network & internet window, locate and click the WiFi option to make it turn on.
- Locate and choose the ‘Manage known networks’ tile from a list to head to all saved network connections
- On the next screen, either locate a saved network manually by scrolling a list or use a search bar placed under the Known networks placed on top of a page.
Once you found the desired network, click the forget button and it will be removed from a system immediately.
Forget All the Saved Networks via the Command Prompt
If you are facing an issue with the saved networks on your system. While other devices connected to that network work perfectly. You can remove all the networks and add them back again when required. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Head to the start menu and type Command Prompt in a search bar
- Right-click the command prompt and select the Run as administrator option from a list that appears
- A UAC (User Account Control) window appears on a screen. If you are not logged in then, enter the credentials. Otherwise, click Yes to continue
- On a Command prompt window, type or copy+paste the below command and hit enter. This will remove all the networks immediately.
netsh wlan delete profile name=* i=*
How To Reconnect to a WiFi Network?
When you remove the desired network from a system then, you might wish to add back it again to a list of networks. Though it is easy to connect back again is easy across all windows versions. But, there is a quick refresher and follow the simple steps below:
- Click the WiFi icon placed on the right bottom side of a taskbar to reveal the control center
- On a Control Center window, click the chevron (sideways arrow) placed next to the WiFi icon.
- A list of available networks will appear on a screen. Simply, click the name of a network that you desire to connect to and choose the connect option.
- Now, you are required to enter the password to connect to the network. When done, hit enter to join the network or click Next, it will automatically be saved in your system. In case, if the network is not secured then, you will be connected instantaneously.
That’s all, guys! We hope that you liked our article How to Forget a Network on Windows 11 and surely, it proves helpful to you. For any suggestions, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment section mentioned below.