Printers are the most widely used and essential tools that are used almost all over the world. It helps us to print photos, documents, and everything that is required in hard format. These devices work quite fastly to get paper printed. However, a single printer might not create any error when printing a document and you will not face the hassle of marking a printer’s default in a system. But, if you use separate printers for printing your documents having different types then, it might get irritating for you and annoying for Windows to pick printers lastly used as a default one. So, let’s go ahead and see how we can set default printer in Windows 11.
Moreover, you have to send a printer a command many times and then, again have to set up the printer properties and select a printer recently connected to a PC. Also, the print job resumes to reside in the spooler, and start printing the job as soon as you are connected to that specific printer. But, there is a possibility to let the task be done. Luckily, in Windows 11, setting a default printer is a straightforward method. Also, there are a number of ways that can help you out and meet your needs & preferences. So, let’s get started!
How to Set a Default Printer in Windows 11
Time needed: 3 minutes.
The first convenient way is to set a default printer on a system via the settings app on Windows PC. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Open Settings
Head to the Start menu and choose the settings option placed under a pinned section or search it in a search bar by typing it.
- Bluetooth & Devices
Click the Bluetooth & devices placed on the left side
- Printers & Scanners
Locate and choose Printers & scanners to proceed further
- Windows Settings
Scroll down and locate Let Windows manage my default printer placed under the Printer preferences section. Click the toggle button to make it Turn Off.
- Settings Applied
Now, Windows automatically don’t change the default printer.
- Set Default Printer
Then, locate a list of printers and choose the printer name as per your own choice to set it as a system default. On the printer properties page, click the Set as default option to set it as a default printer.
Method 2: Set a Default Printer from the Control Panel
Another method to set a default printer on a PC is via Control Panel and if you find difficulty in navigating a settings app then, this option is quite suitable. Well, to do so, follow the steps given below:
- Head to the Start menu and choose the control panel option placed under a pinned section or search it in a search bar by typing it. Alternatively, you can run a command by pressing Windows+R keys simultaneously to open the Run command utility. Simply, type Control in a search bar and hit Enter to open it.
- On the next page, you need to switch to a category view simply, click the dropdown menu by clicking the View by options, and choose a category.
- After that, click the Hardware and Sound option from a list that appears to continue
- Next, choose the Devices and Printers option to proceed ahead
Locate the option of the Printers and right-click it to choose a Set as default printer option from a list that appears.
Also see: Fix Firefox Not Playing Online Videos
Method 3: Set a Default Printer Using the Command Prompt
You can also set a default printer is via the command prompt and if you are interested in using this method then, make sure that you have a complete name of a printer displayed in a system to set it as default. To do so, follow the steps:
- Head to the Start menu and choose the command prompt option placed under a pinned section or search it in a search bar by typing it. Right-click it and choose the Run as administrator option from a list that appears.
- A UAC (User Account Control) window appears on a screen. If you are not logged in then, log into it. Otherwise, click the Yes option.
- On a command prompt window, copy+paste or type the below-mentioned command and hit enter to execute it
rundll32 printui.dll, PrintUIEntry /y /g /n “<Printer name>”
That’s it, guys. We hope that this article How to Set a Default Printer in Windows 11 proves helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.