Want to invite many people to your Microsoft Teams, but don’t know all the mail. You can share a Microsoft Teams meeting link with them.
Microsoft Teams is a well-known app that continually increases its footprints in the online meeting space and is used by most professionals, students, professors for attending meetings or classes online. This app works quite efficiently and also, provides a chit-chat facility too. Business and freelancing-related meetings are mostly held on this platform. It has an easy-to-use interface and you simply have to log in to it (via Meeting ID). Well, if you are aware of this app then, you are quite aware that there are several ways of creating this app’s meeting link.
However, in this article, we will tell you how you can schedule a new meeting in MS Teams or Outlook and send the link to external or internal persons. Also, you learn how to schedule a new meeting, invite people and adjust meeting options. So, let’s get started!!
How to Create a Teams Scheduled Meeting Link via the Teams Calendar
To create and send a newly scheduled meeting via the Team app’s calendar. Well, to do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- Head to the Teams App and navigate to the Calendar tab
- Select the New Meeting option and add the meeting details e.g give it a name
- Now, add the participants who are a part of this meeting by simply typing their names
- If you want to add external users then, type their e-mail addresses. Also, if you wish to specify who is an attendee or who is optional then, you can do it too.
- If you are interested in sharing a meeting to a Team channel then, select Share to channel and select a channel. Also, remember that only channel members can attend a channel meeting.
- Select the time (i.e., start and end time) and date for a meeting or simply, select the All day toggle button
- To repeat the meeting simply select the Repeat option and specify how often it will repeat.
- When done, click the Save option to send the notifications with a join meeting link to all the attendees. On a smartphone, the save button looks like a checkmark.
That’s it. However, in this way, participants will receive an e-mail with a meeting link to join a meeting. Also, the meeting will appear in a Calendar tab of this app or if you use Outlook then, the meeting will appear in its calendar.
How to Create a Microsoft Teams Meet Now Meeting Link
Meeting links of Microsoft Teams can be used at any moment. Even if the meeting is being scheduled for a particulate date and time, users can select the meeting link and launch the meeting whenever they like. However, if you want to create a meeting link on a fly then, this app can easily do this task and you can also create meeting links from different tabs of this app. Below mentioned are the three ways to do it:
Meet Now from the Microsoft Teams Calendar
Follow the simple steps given below:
- Head to the Teams App and navigate to the Calendar tab
- Select the Meet Now option and give your meeting a name
- Choose either the Get a Link to Share option or the Start Meeting option
- If you choose a Get a Link to Share option then, from here you will copy the link on a clipboard, share a link via e-mail, or start the meeting. Also, there appears a link to Configure Meeting options.
However, the meeting options allow you to set the roles of the participants and other settings like either people can bypass the lobby or share their screens. Also, you can access Meeting Options > then, select More options placed at the top of the meeting window > choose Meeting options.
Also see: How to Block Websites on iPhone
Meet Now from the Teams Tab
If you want to meet now with Teams Channel’s members then, follow the simple steps given below:
- Select the Teams tab and choose the channel
- Now, select the Meet option to immediately start a meeting and it appears like a video button
- If you want to start a scheduled meeting then, select the dropdown arrow placed next to the video option and choose a Schedule a meeting option
- When a meeting is launched, now, click the Copy meeting link option to copy the link or add participants to the meeting by selecting Add participants.
- When done now, you can share the meeting link to anyone you want to invite (via e-mail, chat, or any messaging app) to the meeting.
Meet now from Microsoft Teams Chat
To do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- In a chat tab of the Teams app, select the chat group you want to meet with, select the video call button placed on the top right side of a screen
- In this case, you can not create a meeting link however, you can add people to the call. Simply, to add a participant, select the participant panel, enter a name or phone number in an Invite someone or dial a number field.
Note: You can invite someone by name if they are in an organization. For external people, add them by typing their phone number
How to Create a Teams Scheduled Meeting Link with Microsoft Outlook
Both Microsoft Teams and Outlook are fully integrated. To create a Teams scheduled meeting link in a new online version of Outlook then, follow the simple steps given below:
- Select the Calendar tab in Outlook
- Choose a new event button and fill out its form as per your preference
- Select the teams meeting toggle button to make it turn on
- When done, select the Save button to send an invitation.
However, adding a Teams link while scheduling a meeting in Outlook’s mobile app works similarly. Select the Online meeting toggle button to turn it on when done with filling out the event’s details and save it to send an invitation to the participants.
Moreover, if you are using a desktop version of Outlook simply, click the Microsoft Teams add-in when scheduling a meeting. It will add a Teams meeting link automatically to an event when selecting it. This add-in is installed automatically if you have Microsoft Teams and Office 2013, Office 2016, or Office 2019 on your PC. Then, there is no need to install an add-in yourself.
Now, you have learned a few ways how to share a meeting link on the Teams app with internal or external people. These are the easy and simple ways to share e links in the Teams app. Try out any of the above-mentioned tricks to easily share the links via e-mail, chat on this app.
That’s it, guys! We hope that you liked our article How to Create a Microsoft Teams Meeting Link and this will surely prove helpful to you. For any queries, let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.