Not all websites are good to watch, especially if you have toddlers using your phone. So, let’s go ahead and see how you can block websites on iPhone.
iPhone is the most widely used device all over the world and these devices are almost loved by everyone. These are the most advanced devices and have a number of features like visual voicemail, chit-chat, voice & video calls, free conference calls & so on. However, if you think that your kids might use your device which seems a bit alarming then, limiting access to certain websites is considered a better option. Also, on a child’s device, you can set up full-blown parental controls.
Moreover, on whichever devices you want to block certain websites or for what reason. iPhone does this task quite efficiently and easily. When this task is done then, you don’t want to worry about yourself and your kids or something that you want to allow the kids not to do it. Well, in this article, we will tell you how to block websites on an iPhone. So, let’s get started!!
Blocking Websites on iPhone
If you want to block a website on your iPhone then, you should set up Screen Time if you don’t utilize it yet. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Head to the Settings app and go to the Screen Time
- Choose the This is My iPhone to configure the settings accordingly. Also, you set a Screen Time passcode if want to make sure that no one can change the settings on content restrictions you apply.
- When done, go to the Content & Privacy Restrictions option
- Tap the Content Restrictions option and choose the Web Content option from a list that appears
Block Certain Websites
- If you want to limit the adult website then, choose the Limit Adult Websites option from the list. Safari will limit access to many of the adult websites automatically.
- Also, you can website manually to this list by simply, tapping the ‘Add Website’ option placed under the Never Allow option
- A separate window will open simply, paste the URL for a site you want to block. Safari will always block this site and you can add as many websites you want
- If you want to add a website you always want to see, add that website to the Always Allow list. Also, add a complete URL of any website that you want to bypass the diligent blocking crusade of Safari.
Also see: How to Add Pictures on TikTok
Allow Certain Websites
If you think that on your kid’s device there should be access to the limited websites only then, don’t get worried. iPhone also offers a drastic approach in this case too.
- If you want to allow certain websites only then, choose the Allowed Websites Only option from the list.
- Apple will provide a curated list of a few websites for children that you can allow. You can either keep them or delete them as per your own choice. Well, to delete a website, swipe right to an option and then, tap Delete
- If you want to add websites that you want to allow then, tap Add Website and enter a complete URL in it. You can also add other websites one by one.
However, if you either want to protect your own device from accidentally being open certain adult websites or you want to make it a safe device to protect your child to search for the internet then, iPhone does this task quite efficiently and easily. Well, the settings are a bit difficult to find but, still, it takes a few clicks to make this task done. So, go and block the websites you want.
That’s it, folks. We hope that you like our article How to Block Websites on iPhone and proves helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment section mentioned below.