Edge brought a lot of new features that you won’t find in other browsers by default. Let’s go ahead and see how you can take a screenshot in Edge Browser.
Microsoft Edge is a widely used browser where one can search his own kind of work to complete his task via the internet. This browser provides you with the tools to protect your privacy and security online. It is a fast and secure browser that enables you to protect data and saves time and money. However, this app has a unique feature of taking screenshots. Well, taking screenshots is a necessary element on multiple occasions like if you want to share where a particular setting is located, or you want to save information for the future or you want to share something with a friend who’s not using social media.
Luckily, this browser has a built-in feature known as Web Capture that allows you to take screenshots effortlessly. But, keep in mind this feature can be utilized within a browser, not outside it. It takes screenshots along with tools to interpret a picture if required. Well, in this article, we will let you know how to capture a screenshot in Edge. So, let’s get started!
How to Take a Screenshot in Edge Browser
You can easily utilize the Web Capture feature present in the Edge browser. Also, you can add it to a toolbar to access it easily if you would like to frequently take screenshots. Well, to do so, follow the steps given below:
- Head to the Start Menu, click the Edge icon placed in the pinned apps section. Alternatively, you can search it by typing Edge in a search bar.
- Now, click the ellipsis icon (three dots icon) placed on the top right of a screen
- From the overflow menu, choose the Web Capture option from a list that appears. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + S simultaneously on a keyboard. This opens up a web capture toolbar on a screen.
- Now, if you want to capture a screenshot then, select a particular area and click the ‘Capture area’ option. Also, if you want to capture a full screen then, click the ‘Capture full page’ to proceed ahead.
- However, if you selected a particular area then, a dotted-lines rectangle appears on a screen. Click and drag a mouse icon to capture a particular area, release a button once at a time. Hence, a prompt will appear on a screen
- If you wish to copy a screenshot then, click the copy option however, if you want to interpret a screenshot then, click the Markup Capture option to proceed further. It will open up a separate window on a screen.
- Now, select the draw option from a separate window to check out the list of colors. Choose a color of your own choice. Also, drag the toggle button to the right side to make the markup tool thicker.
- You can also use an erase option if you want to erase then, drag the erase icon to erase the markup as per your own choice if needed.
- When satisfied then, click the save button to save the picture in the Downloads directory. Alternatively, click the three dots icon placed on the top right side then, choose the copy option to copy an image or click the share button to share the image.
That’s it. Now, you are done with how to take a screenshot using the feature ‘Web Capture’ of Microsoft Edge.
Also see: How to Create Borders in Google Docs
Note: If you want to show the Web Capture feature in a toolbar then, click the three-dots icon > right-click the web capture option > choose show in toolbar option. That’s it! That’s all, folks! We hope that this article How to Take a Screenshot in Microsoft Edge proves helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know and mention your comments in the comment box mentioned below.