People use a separate screen to chat and stream their games. Some of them love to use the second screen in portrait orientation. So, here you’ll find out how you can rotate screen on Windows 11.
Windows 11 is the most latest window introduced in the market and it works quite more efficiently than other iterations of windows. It has a number of advanced features like protections of data, multiple screen options, efficient malware scanning, and so on. However, it also has a screen rotating feature that helps you to work more easily and in a relaxable manner. Well, rotating a screen is a quite necessary element on some occasions like when projecting a PC’s screen to an external screen having a different orientation.
Luckily, rotating a screen is a simple and easy task on Windows 11 PC effortlessly. You can either rotate the screen via the settings app on a PC or use keyboard shortcuts for rotation purposes. Well, in this article, we will let you know how to rotate a screen on Windows 11 PC. So, let’s go ahead!!
Rotate Screen via the Settings App
You can rotate the screen easily with the settings app and if you want to change some more display related settings then, follow the steps given below:
- Head to the Start menu and select the settings app from the pinned apps section or search it by typing it in a search bar of the Start menu.
- Now, select the system tab placed on the left side of the settings window
- From the System window, select the display option placed on the right side. Alternatively, you can right-click anywhere on a desktop and select the ‘Display settings’ option from a list of options that appears.
- Locate the ‘Scale & layout’ option then, select the landscape option to reveal the overflow menu.
- Now, select the desired option to change the orientation immediately. To understand in a better way, we mentioned a list of options below:
- Landscape: Normal screen orientation
- Portrait: It will rotate the screen by 90 degrees to the left.
- Landscape (flipped): It will rotate the screen by 180 degrees i.e, a screen is oriented upside down.
- Portrait (flipped): Similar to the portrait option, it will rotate the screen by 90 degrees to the right.
When changed the orientation, a prompt opens up on a screen (i.e., either keep the changes or revert them back). Now, click the keep changes option to apply the changes. If not changed then, it will revert back automatically.
Also see: How to Take a Screenshot in Edge Browser
Change Screen Orientation via Keyboard Shortcuts
If you would like to change the screen orientation then, an effective and easy way to do it is via keyboard shortcuts. But, keep in mind that shortcuts work only with machines having Intel graphics cards. To do so, the following are the keyboard shortcuts to change a screen orientation:
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Left Arrow keys of a keyboard simultaneously to rotate the screen 90 degrees to the left side. Hence, a screen will rotate immediately.
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Right Arrow keys of a keyboard simultaneously to rotate the screen 90 degrees to the right side. Hence, a screen will immediately be rotated.
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow keys of a keyboard simultaneously to rotate the screen to the upside-down. Hence, a screen will be rotated.
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow keys of a keyboard simultaneously to rotate the screen back to its original state. Hence, a screen will rotate immediately.
That’s all, guys!! We hope that this article How to Rotate Screen on a Windows 11 PC might seem interesting and helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.