Don’t like Siri’s default voice and want to change it? Follow this article below to find out how you can change Siri voice in Mac and iPhone.
Siri is the virtual assistant that is preloaded on all Apple devices. It is considered one of the better natural-sounding voice assistants there in the market. However, Siri can answer questions, promote internet searches via a voice query, and even execute measures on an iPhone like open apps. It also tells you the battery status of the connected Apple devices with your iPhone. By default, Siri has a female voice but, not everyone likes the default voice of the assistant. Thanks to Apple products, it not only permits you to change the gender but also the pronunciations of both genders as per your choices.
However, the cherry on top is changing Siri’s voice is as simple sailing as it gets. It hardly demands any effort or time (be it on an iPhone or a macOS device). Just follow the steps mentioned in the upcoming section and you will be done before realizing it. So, let’s get started!
Changing Siri Voice on an iPhone
You can change Siri’s voice on your iPhone quickly from the Settings app. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Head to the Settings app either from the home screen (or from the app library of an iOS device).
- On the ‘Settings’ screen, scroll down to locate and tap the ‘Siri & Search’ option to proceed further.
- On the next screen, scroll down and tap the ‘Siri Voice’ option from the list of options that appears.
- Now, in case you don’t wish to change the gender but only the accent of the voice, tap to select an option and play a sample of a voice present under the ‘Variety’ section on a screen. Well, Apple offers American, Australian, British, Indian, Irish, and South African accents for Siri.
- If in case, you wish to change the gender then, tap the ‘Voice 2’ option placed under the ‘Voice’ section. You can also select the accent via the options placed under the ‘Variety’ section on a screen.
That’s it, you are successfully done in changing Siri’s voice on your iOS device.
Also see: How to Use Disk Cleanup on Windows 11
Changing Siri Voice on Mac
Like iOS devices, Siri’s voice can be changed via the System Preferences app on a macOS device. Well, to do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- Launch the System Preferences app either from the dock (or from the launchpad on a device).
- On the next screen, locate and click the ‘Siri’ from the grid of options to proceed ahead.
- After that, locate the ‘Siri Voice’ option and click the drop-down menu to reveal the list of options on a screen.
- Click to select an option from the list of different accents of both genders to set it as Siri voice on a device.
That’s it, folks! However, changing Siri’s voice is simple on Apple devices. Now, you can interact with your virtual assistant in the tone and voice you prefer instead of getting stuck on the default preset. We hope that this article How to Change Siri Voice or Accent on Mac & iPhone is quite easy and seems helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know and also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.