Want to watch Youtube videos on your VLC player? Follow this guide to learn to rip YouTube videos using VLC player.
People love to watch dramas, movies, or any other kind of videos on YouTube. If you want to rip a YouTube video to your PC, you have a number of online options. There are too many (in reality) which people must be aware of which ones are better and more trustworthy than the others. However, as we mentioned in the previous section about a few sites that help you download videos and playlists that involves using other people’s servers, checking the page source, hunting for hidden download links, and dealing with endless NSFW pop-ups on other people’s parts.
Moreover, in this article, we will tell how you can quickly and effortlessly rip a YouTube video using VLC Player. So, let’s go started!
How To Rip YouTube Videos Using VLC Player
To do so, follow the simple steps below:
- Go to YouTube and play the video you want to download. Now, right-click the playing video and select “Copy video URL”. Also, you can copy the full-length video URL from the top address bar.
- Open VLC (if not Installed the VLC Player yet then, grab it, and install it). It is free of cost.
- On the top menu bar, click Media > then, click Open Network Stream (alternatively, Press “Ctrl + N”).
- Paste the copied video URL in the blank bar then. click the bottom triangle and select Stream (alternatively, Press “Alt + S”)
- In the Source Setup window, click the Next option
- In the Destination Setup window, click the Add option
- Click “Browse” to rename the file and set an output destination then, click the Next option
- In the Transcoding Options window, enable the Activate Transcoding option. Next, choose “Video – H.264 + MP3 (MP4)” from the Profile drop-down list. Then, click the Next option
- In the Option Setup window, click the “Stream” button and VLC will start transcoding while streaming. When the download process is finished and you can view the downloaded file in the folder you specified earlier.
To do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- Click Window then, choose Media Information (i.e. if on Windows, go to Tools then, click Codec Information).
- At bottom of a screen is a very long link placed in the Location field then, highlight the entire link, right-click and select Copy.
- Now, go to a browser and paste that long link in a URL address bar from the Location field in VLC. Well, the YouTube video starts playing automatically in the browser then, right-click on the video and choose Save Video As.
- By default, the video will be saved as video playback (without a format). Also, give your file a name, and firstly, try with mp4 format (i.e., if that does not work then, try avi).
- Now, your file will be downloaded to your PC in the quality that the original uploader provided in it hence, the picture and audio quality will change.
Fix Possible Errors During the VLC Downloading Process
Frequently, you could encounter an error message saying “Your input can’t be opened”. This problem occurs due to multiple reasons like a faulty YouTube script and VLC’s problems and so on.
However, you can try the three fixes to fix the issue and they are the following:
Fix 1. Use YouTube Script
- Go to GitHub youtube.lua and copy the full script.
- On your PC, locate where your VLC is installed (the default installation folder is “C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\lua\playlist” and find youtube.lua.
- Right-click the youtube.lua and open it with Notepad.
- Replace the content with the script you just copied.
- Open VLC and follow the instructions to see if the VLC downloading works.
Fix 2. Reset Preferences
- To run VLC > go to Tools > select Preferences (alternatively, Press “Ctrl + P”).
- At the bottom of the Preferences window, click Reset Preferences and confirm the dialog.
- Now, follow the instructions to see whether the issue is gone.
Fix 3. Reinstall VLC
- Uninstall the current VLC on your PC and download the latest version of the VLC Media player from the official site.
That’s it, guys. We hope that this article How To Rip YouTube Videos via VLC Player will prove helpful to you. Do share your reviews and do not forget to share. For any queries, do let us know in the comment box mentioned below.