Got a new device and can’t find wifi password to connect to your internet. This guide will help you find your wifi password in the easiest steps.
People love to stay in contact with one another via the internet. Without the internet, everything seems useless and most of the work gets stuck. Well, we connect to so multiple different networks and the password usually gets entered only one time. But, having a safe and good password would resolve this problem. You can also find the WiFi password off your Android phone and it is quite easier than you think.
How To Find Your Wifi Password
WiFi passwords are easy to forget especially because we tend to save them on our devices. Well, in this article, we will let know How To Find Your Wifi Password On An Android and iPhone device. So, let’s get started!!
Find The WiFi Password On a Pixel Phone
If you have a Google Pixel phone (Android 10) then, this is the easiest possible way to find your WiFi password. To do so, follow the steps:
- Go to Settings > choose Network & Internet > then, select WiFi .
- Tap the name of the WiFi network you want to recover the password from (i.e., to get to the Network Details Screen).
- Tap the Share button (well, it will ask you to authenticate with a fingerprint or PIN).
- The phone will display a QR Code (i.e., right below is the WiFi password for that network).
Find The WiFi Password On Other Android Phones
If you have a non-Pixel phone (Android 10) then, it is a little more complicated yet very simple.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Connections > then, tap WiFi.
- At the bottom-left of the screen, tap QR Code.
- Take a screenshot of the QR Code.
- Using a QR Code scanner (like TrendMicro’s QRScanner) load the screenshot. You can do this by tapping the QR code icon placed in the bottom-left corner.
However, you will see the password now. Well, in TrendMicro QRScanner, it shows in the 2 spots highlighted by the red rectangles.
Find The WiFi Password On Android 9 & Older Phones
If you are using Android 9 or older versions of Android then, finding a password is more difficult. You have to root your device first which gives you the highest access level possibility. Now, you have to install software on your PC and connect your device to your PC. To do so, follow the steps:
- Enable Developer Mode on your phone simply, Go to Settings > select System > then, choose About Phone then, scroll down to Build number.
- Tap Build number 7 times (now, you will see the message You are now a developer!)
- Go back and scroll to Developer options, click it
- Scroll down to USB debugging and turn it On.
- Install Universal ADB Drivers on your PC, which helps your PC to talk to the Android over a USB connection (also, make sure the USB cable is for data transfer, not just charging).
- Now, download and install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool on your PC.
- Connect the phone to your PC and open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot app. Hence, it opens as a command prompt.
- Type in the command and press Enter.
<pre>adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf</pre>
- The command will copy the wpa_supplicant.conf file to your PC (i.e., in the same folder where Minimal ADB and Fastboot were installed). In File Explorer navigate to that location.
- Now, open the file with Notepad and you will find the WiFi password.
That’s it. Now, you can recover your password by following the above-mentioned methods for Android devices. Moreover, when you connect your iPhone via a WiFi network then, it saves the WiFi password for you. Well, you can see the WiFi password for iPhone devices via different methods. So, let’s go ahead!
Use Your Router’s IP Address To See WiFi Password
When it comes to viewing a saved password for an iPhone device then, it is a bit confusing. By default, it can not allow you to access your WiFi password. For iPhone, you first have to find the IP address of your router then, access that IP to reveal the password. Well, it must require a network connection. It seems a bit complicated but in reality, it is not and you can able to see your WiFi password on your iPhone with this procedure in no time. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- From the main screen, select the Settings app.
- Tap WiFi on a screen then, tap the icon placed next to your WiFi network (as it will open the details of your WiFi information).
- Scroll down the screen and tap the DHCP tab. You will see an IP address next to the Router (Note it down somewhere as you will be used later).
- Launch the Safari browser on your iPhone, type the IP address you noted down previously > press enter.
- You will be asked to enter your username and password to access the router’s settings page. It should be admin and admin for both username and password fields.
- When you logged in, you will need to find the option Wireless Settings and tap it. This option may be called something else in your router but it should be something similar and you would not find an issue in finding it.
- On the wireless settings page, tap the option Wireless Security. On this page, you will find an entry named Security Key. It is the password for your WiFi network and tapping it reveals the password to you.
However, now, you know the password for your network and can connect your other devices to your network by manually inputting it.
See WiFi Passwords On iPhone Using iCloud Keychain
If you would like to find the passwords for other networks that you connected to your device in the past then, you will use this method. However, iCloud Keychain is a storage of your all passwords that you decided to share across your devices. This Keychain also includes passwords for your WiFi networks and you can access it on your Mac to reveal these passwords. To do so, follow these two below-mentioned ways:
Sync iPhone WiFi Passwords With iCloud Keychain
Firstly, you need to sync all of the WiFi passwords saved on your iPhone with iCloud Keychain. Only then you will be able to see your passwords on your Mac. To do so, follow the steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone, tap your name banner placed at the top > select iCloud.
- Find and tap the option Keychain. It will let you access your iCloud Keychain settings.
- Turn the toggle for iCloud Keychain to make it On i.e., to start syncing your passwords.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete syncing your WiFi passwords.
Access iPhone Saved WiFi Passwords On Mac
Now, the next step is to access the Keychain on your Mac and view your passwords. Well, to do so, follow the steps given below:
- On your Mac, click the Apple logo placed at the top-left corner of your screen > select System Preferences.
- Click the iCloud option on a screen.
- You will find several options that you can enable or disable in iCloud on Mac. Now, tick-mark the Keychain option from the list that appears.
- Click Launchpad in the Dock, search Keychain Access on it, and click the app when it appears on your screen.
- When Keychain opens, type the name of your WiFi network in a search box > press Enter.
- Double-click the network when you find it in a list.
- Checkmark the Show password option on the following screen to view your saved WiFi password.
- You will be asked to enter your Keychain password, write it > press OK.
That’s it. Now, the password for your selected WiFi network appears on a screen. Copy it to your clipboard if you want to save it or manually enter it on a device with which you want to connect to your WiFi network.
Still Can’t Recover The WiFi Password?
If the above-mentioned information and methods do not work for you then, simply reset your WiFi password. This is the most convenient option if the above-mentioned methods do not work for you.
That’s it, guys! We hope that the article How To Find Your Wifi Password On An Android & iPhone Device proves helpful to you. Do share your reviews and also, tell us which method works best for you. For any queries, do let us know in the comment box mentioned below.