Facing troubles while using Edge, why not reset Microsoft Edge and bring it back to its stock glory.
Microsoft Edge is one of the well-known browsers in the marketplace. This browser works quite efficiently and has multiple features like multiple tabs, fastest speed, simple privacy controls, and so on. Sometimes, this browser faces some issues that might seem irritating. Then, there is no option left i.e., to reset Microsoft Edge. However, if you are facing this issue then, don’t get worried. Well, this browser offers a simple and easy solution without installing this browser again.
However, resetting this browser can also resolve its minor issue. It is also useful in the event of a discrepancy of account data synchronization or the case of faulty settings. Well, in this article, we will let you know how to reset Microsoft Edge. So, let’s get started!
Reset Microsoft Edge from the Settings
To reset Microsoft Edge, follow the simple steps given below:
- Launch the browser either from the desktop’s ‘Pinned apps’ section of the Start Menu (or by searching it from the Taskbar) on a PC.
- Click the ellipsis icon (three horizontal dots) placed on the top right side of a screen
- Locate and click the Settings option from the list of options that appears on a screen
- From the left sidebar placed in the Settings window, locate and click the ‘Reset settings’ option.
- On the right section of the screen, click the ‘Restore settings to their default values button. This will create a prompt on a screen.
- From the prompt, click the ‘Reset’ button to reset all browser settings.
However, this will reset all the browser settings back to the factory defaults. Well, if you wish to remove all the browsing history, passwords, and personal data as well then, jump to the next section.
Also see: How to Reset Siri Voice Recognition
Clearing Browsing Data, Passwords, and Site Data
Even after resetting the browser settings, all your data is not cleared then, if you wish to clear the data the browser may capture since you have started using it then, follow the simple steps given below:
- Launch the Edge browser either from the ‘Pinned apps’ section on the Start Menu, Desktop (or by searching it on the Taskbar) of your Windows device.
- From the Edge window, click the ellipsis icon (three vertical dots) placed on the top right corner to expand the menu.
- From the menu, locate and click the ‘Settings’ option to open the browser settings in a separate tab.
- Locate and click the ‘Privacy, search, and services’ option placed on the left sidebar of the Settings window.
- On the right section of the window, locate the ‘Clear browsing data’ section and click the ‘Choose what to clear’ placed on the right edge of the ‘Clear browsing data now’ tile. This will open a separate window on a screen.
- From the overlay window, click the drop-down menu placed under the ‘Time Range’ label and click the ‘All time’ option from it.
- Make sure you have selected all the options by clicking on the preceding checkboxes individually. Once you select your preferred options, click the ‘Clear now’ button to clear all the selected data.
That’s it, all your browsing data, passwords have been removed from Microsoft Edge. Moreover, if you are facing issues on your Edge browser, just resetting all the browser settings surely help you resolve the issue. Nonetheless, if it will not fix the issue then, you should clear all your personal files via the above-mentioned steps and at least, give it a try. That’s it, guys. We hope this article on how to reset Microsoft Edge might help you out. For any queries, do let us know, and also, mention your comments in the comment box mentioned below.