Are you getting annoying messages from people you don’t like and get find a way to log out from Messenger? Follow this guide to find out how you can log out of Facebook Messenger.
Facebook Messenger is one of the well-known apps in the marketplace. It has a number of features like light/night mode, voice/video calls, messages, and so on. But, it does not have a log-out button, unlike many other apps where you have a log-out option to sign out from your account. Also, the m8essenger app is a great way to connect with friends but figuring out how to log out of Messenger on iOS and Android can be distracting.
How To Log Out Of Facebook Messenger
There are multiple reasons why you may want to log out of Facebook Messenger on your iOS and Android-based devices. One of them would be that you want to use another account with the messenger because you do not want others to find your messages in this app and so on. Well, when you no longer want to be online, signing out of this app on your phone is a bit tricky and is not necessarily precise. In this article, we will let you know how to log out of Messenger on iOS and Android. So let’s get started!
You can log out of Facebook Messenger on iOS devices (like iPhone and iPad) via the Messenger app itself. Nonetheless, the procedure is not as straightforward as many other apps. To do so, follow the simple steps below:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile icon placed at the top-left corner.
- Scroll down the screen and tap the option Account settings.
- On the screen under the Security section, you will find the option Security and Login, tap it to open it.
- A page will appear where you can see what devices you are logged in with under your Facebook account. Under the Where you’re logged in section, tap the See More button to see all logged-in devices.
- On the following screen, find your iPhone in the list that appears with Messenger written just beneath the device name.
- Tap the three dots icon next to the iPhone Messenger option and select Log Out.
That’s it, it will log you out of Facebook Messenger on your iPhone. When you get back to the messenger, it will ask you to log in again instead of taking to your messages list.
Unlike iOS, Android permits you to play around with the data stored by your installed apps. Since most apps keep your login details in these data files and clearing these files can log you out from your preferred apps. Luckily, you can easily log yourself out of Facebook Messenger by removing its app data. Also, this would not affect or remove any messages you have (sent or received) in the app. Those are saved on Facebook’s servers but, not locally on your device.
If Messenger is run on your Android phone then, close it fully because it will not open when the following steps should be followed. Well, the steps are the following:
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Tap the option Apps & notifications to view the list of your installed apps.
- Tap the See all apps option placed at the bottom if you can not find Messenger in the list on a screen.
- Find the app named Messenger from a list of options and tap it to open its settings.
- Now, select the Storage option to manage the data stored by the app.
- You will see two buttons on a screen. Tap Clear Storage and Clear Cache buttons both one by one to clear the app’s data.
- Open the Facebook Messenger app, you will find that you are logged out from it.
Using The Facebook App
You do not necessarily need to use Facebook Messenger itself to log yourself out. Well, you can use the official Facebook app as well to manage your logged-in devices and sign yourself out from various services including Messenger. However, this method works on iOS as well as Android-based devices both. You should have the Facebook app running on your phone before doing this procedure. To do so, follow the following steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your iOS or Android phone.
- Tap the three horizontal lines placed at the top-right corner of a screen.
- Scroll down on a screen and tap Settings & Privacy to expand the menu.
- From the expanded menu, select the option Settings to open your Facebook settings menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Security section. Find the Security and Login option in this section and tap it.
- You will see the recent devices you have logged in with your Facebook account. Tap the See all option placed next to Where you’re logged in to see all the logged-in devices.
- Find your iPhone or Android device in the list that appears, you want to log yourself out from. Then, tap the three dots placed next to your device and select Log Out.
- That’s it, it will instantly log you out of your selected device without any prompts on a screen.
Using Facebook Desktop Version
A good thing about Facebook is that although using it on various devices, your data and settings will be stored on a universal server. However, if you make a single change in your account, it reflects across all your devices. Using that feature, you can log out of Facebook Messenger on your iOS & Android devices by only accessing the Facebook site on your PC. This way you don’t need to reach out to your phone and you can log out yourself. To do so, follow the simple steps:
- Head over to the Facebook site on a PC
- Click the down-arrow icon placed at the top-right corner on a screen and select the Settings option.
- Select the Security and Login option placed on the left sidebar.
- On the right-hand side pane, you will see a section Where You’re Logged In. It shows all the devices that use your Facebook account. Click the See More option to view a list of devices.
- Find the iPhone or Android device you want to log out from the Facebook Messenger
- Click the three dots placed next to the device and select Log Out.
- That’s it, it will log you out from the selected device immediately.
However, if you do not find logging in and out of Facebook Messenger a convenient task then, you can use the company’s self-destructing messaging feature to send your messages. This way your messages will be deleted within a few minutes or second after they have been read.
That’s it, guys! We hope that this article proves helpful to you and don’t forget to share. Also, for any queries, do let us know in the comment box mentioned below. Enjoy!