If you want to keep an eye on quick updates on the weather while sitting at the office? We have these Best Weather Apps for you.
Weather is an essential part of life and people love to dress themselves according to it. If there are changes in the weather forecast then while going to work you have to decide whether to carry an umbrella or not. Also, your weekend plans should be done according to it. Well, the Microsoft store offers a wide range of Best Weather Apps for Windows 11 that covers basic forecast information to a more in-depth meteorological analysis. It also includes details on how to track and monitor hurricanes.
Moreover, these weather apps keep you up-to-date regarding climate conditions. You can install for Windows 11 from the Microsoft store or desktop apps online that does not include any malware and are free of cost. Well, in this article, we will let you know about the best Microsoft Store and desktop apps available for free so, that you can monitor the weather at any time. So, let’s go ahead with the article.
Best Weather Apps for Windows 11 in Microsoft Store
There is a vast range of weather apps in the Microsoft Store but we have selected the best five apps from it for you. These are the following:
MSN Weather is the most well-known app in the Microsoft store and tells you about the weather details every 24 hours. This app is easy to use and has a beautiful layout with a clean user interface. Its clean interface adds attraction to this app. It also has a news section where all-weather headlines are displayed. Also, this app has Live Tile support and Lockscreen support. You can also log in to MSN Weather via Microsoft Account to synchronize settings and choices between Windows 11 devices. This app is compatible with Windows 11 PC and Mobile (as well as Xbox One).
- This app’s local forecast includes current conditions like a 10-day extended forecast or hourly breakdowns of what one predicts from Mother Nature, sunrise and sunset times, and so on.
- Animated weather maps possess radar, temperature, satellite, cloud, and radar forecast imagery.
- This app’s historical weather information breaks down a location’s monthly weather patterns.
- This app has severe weather alerts that appear on a local forecast page to alert you when the weather bears watching.
MyRadar is also one of the well-known apps which tells every detail about the weather. This app is both free of cost or you have to pay some cost but with ads. This app is fast and easy to use. It has an animated weather radar display of your current location that allows you to see current weather conditions. This app allows you to activate the live tile feature and an optional hurricane tracker upgrade provides amazing details and forecasts of the storm’s path.
- This app’s hurricane tracker provides additional data, including the cone of probability for tropical storms or hurricane forecast tracks.
- The ability to provide advanced rain alerts and a patent-pending process for predicting hyper-local rainfall is the most accurate in the industry.
- This app’s additional upgrades are available that include real-time hurricane tracking — great for the start of hurricane season.
- This app’s premium upgrades include the professional radar pack and it allows greater detail of radar from individual stations.
Simple Weather is an app that tells you about the weather details and is easy to use. For weather details, you have to scroll down for more information. You can also move or delete locations by toggling edit mode (or long-pressing location tile) and pulling down the page to refresh the weather.
- This app displays current weather conditions and shows the week’s daily forecast
- This app has severe weather alerts and has a simple user interface
- It displays other useful details like pressure, humidity, wind conditions, sunrise and sunset time
- This app supports multiple favorite locations
- This app has a resizable live tile for current weather conditions
Weather Notify is also one of the well-known apps that tells you the news about the weather. It is one of the most beautiful weather apps with a transparent dashboard that looks good no matter where ever you place it on a desktop. This app shows a local location temperature and details (i.e., your location is detected automatically). It offers daily forecasts for seven days as well as hourly forecasts (48 hours). Its Live Tiles offer both current weather and predictions.
- Add your city to watch weather details
- Select time interval to auto-refresh
- Select unit Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Added Widget and added Quick Tile
- Select weather show while screen lock or not
- Now check the weather (or weather icon) in the status bar or in Tile
Strawberry Weather tells you the details about whether to keep you alert. It is the most simple and colorful app that delivers your current conditions, an extended forecast, weather alerts, and Lockscreen and Live-Tile support all wrapped up in a vibrant package. It is a colorful way to track the weather and also, delivers a ton of features to Windows 11 devices. This app has 12 colorful themes.
- This app provides local forecast information, as well as a seven-day, extended forecast.
- Live Tile and Lockscreen support.
- This app supports Dark Sky weather services (paid subscription) that deliver real-feel temperatures, down-to-the-minute forecasts for the next hour, severe weather alerts, and so on.
Best Weather Desktop Applications for Windows 11
There are a number of Weather Desktop apps for Windows 11 but here, we will tell you about the two best apps for desktop PC and these are the following:
WeatherBug is one of the well-known websites for years that is used to tell you about weather forecasts. It is considered a great source for weather information and news. It is a desktop app that gives you information on a desktop without using the browser. This app gives you and your family reliable weather data. It shows real-time weather conditions and provides reliable weather forecasts (i.e., of an hour or 10-day).
- It explores weather conditions, temperature, pollen levels & so on (via doppler radar & interactive maps).
- Gives news about hurricanes and tracks hurricanes i.e., view location, speed, and direction of approaching hurricanes
- It explores 20 weather maps that include Doppler radar, future radar, air quality, lightning, precipitation, local temperature, wind chill, road forecast, and so on.
- It shows customizable weather alerts that let you know when snow occurs in the forecast.
WeatherMate is also a well-known desktop app that gives you details about weather forecasts and it stays there whenever you need it. It also gives you quick access to the weather forecast for thousands of locations worldwide. This app has an attractive interface, free of cost, and an ad-free app. It has an easy-to-use interface and displays weather for more than one location. This app has voice support that reads out the weather report for the users’ convenience. It is a portable app and can even run off a USB stick.
- Displays the weather for multiple locations and also, shows severe weather alerts
- Displays radar images and a variety of US weather maps
- Speaks the weather
- Moves out of the way when not in use
- Automatically checks for a new version
- Highly customizable and 100% free of cost