TikTok is quite popular among mobile users, but never thought how it would be on a PC. In this guide, we’ll share with you how you can use TikTok on PC.
In this advanced world, people love to earn online either by making videos then, uploading on social media platforms, or by doing online work as a freelancer. Several social media apps or websites make this task done. However, TikTok is one of them. It is one of the well-known and fastest-growing social media platforms, which is mostly used by a large number of people just for enjoyment and fun. The TikTokers usually edit their videos on PCs, so they might think of uploading the video directly from it. Well, it is possible that you can use TikTok on a PC but it is considered a bit tricky at first.
Moreover, TikTok is easily available in a browser and it works the same way as it does on a mobile device. Well, in this article, we will let you know how to use TikTok on a PC.
How To Use TikTok On PC?
You can browse TikTok on a PC by following the following steps:
- To access TikTok simply, search on Chrome by searching tiktok.com on a PC
- Click the Watch Now button placed on the top right side of a screen
- Now, you have access to TikTok on your desktop
Moreover, you can browse either by clicking on each video panel on a trending homepage to watch it (or click discover placed at the top right side to find out more content). You may notice that functionality is a little bit limited. You won’t be able to search for specific tags or phrases but, there is a workaround. Well, if you search for a specific tag simply, click the URL bar placed at the top of a page and type the following address:
Unluckily, functionality has been limited to encourage more installs to mobile devices, so this is only a workaround to browse the past standard trending tags right now.
Also, if you search for specific users simply, click the URL bar placed at the top of a page and type the following address:
Hence, these are the main workarounds, for now, you will need to make use of browsing TikTok on your PC. Well, we can predict that TikTok will restrict functionality on a PC for the foreseeable future so, you should be required to bookmark this page.
How to Download TikTok on PC?
You can download TikTok on your PC via the BlueStacks emulator because it will allow you to use the TikTok app on a PC. To do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- Head to the BlueStacks emulator which will automatically identify your PC.
- Download the file and this file will have .exe extension
- When done, open it and allow it to make changes to your PC which will directly open the installer.
- Now, select the path simply, click Customize Installation and when done, click the Install Now option. This will take a few minutes to install everything.
- Open the app and it will take a few seconds to start. Now, you are required to sign in to your Google account
- Search the TikTok app in Google Play Store and install it on an emulator
Hence, you are now able to use the TikTok app on your PC and enjoy the videos on it for fun and enjoyment.
How to use TikTok on a PC without Downloading?
If you want to use TikTok without downloading it then, you can also use this app on a PC. To do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- Head to the Chrome (or any other) browser and search TikTok on a search bar
- Click the red button placed at the top and login to your account
- When done, scroll the feed to see the videos from various content creators.
- Click the Upload video option placed on the top of a screen now, select a video to upload it. You can drag and drop it too and it will take a few seconds to get uploaded
- Write a caption for a video and you can also, use hashtags or mention others
- Add a cover for your video as per your own choice and when done, click the Post button.
Note: You can edit videos on a website but can only upload them. Also, you can edit videos on the TikTok app.
Will Full TikTok Functionality Come to Desktop Soon?
Tiktok has been around for a year, so this is highly unlikely that it will come to the desktop but there are tools you can use to run this app on a desktop. Even if it is to arrive at the desktop, the creators can’t take advantage of this because they can’t use filters and make videos. If it is only related to watching the media, then yes a TikTok desktop app is a great option. If you have any problems, you can refer to the FQAs beneath or you can leave a comment and we’ll get back to you ASAP. Do share with us whether you want to see the desktop version of TikTok or not.
Frequently Asked Questions!!!
- Can I download TikTok videos on a PC?
Yes, you can download TikTok videos on a PC via a BlueStacks emulator. Simply download the TikTok app from Play Store. Then, open the TikTok app on an emulator > click the Share option > then, click the Save option.
- What is the difference between using TikTok on a website or an emulator on a PC?
If you are using TikTok on a website then, you can not edit the videos but can upload them. On the other hand, using TikTok via an emulator, you can enjoy all features like editing, uploading, and so on (just like the TikTok app).
- Can I comment on TikTok on a PC?
Yes, you can comment on TikTok on a PC by logging in to your account. Without logging in, you can’t comment but, you can use the TikTok website (or app) via an emulator.