Now, it’s time to forget about saving and filing receipts as we present the best apps to scan and manage receipts.
There are a number of receipt scanning apps that make it easy to scan or manage the receipts either having your small business via your device. These apps photograph and create digital performances of your receipts, which then, can be easily retrieved from a digital filing technique. Well, most of these apps work roughly the same way. Also, you download these on your device then, use them to take a snap of those receipts. These apps have an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology that digitizes all the digits on those receipts and then, keeps the digital interpretations of these receipts in a filing technique.
Moreover, these “smart receipts” are more difficult to lose and hence, can be easily retrieved because you can quickly search via keywords or filters.
Why should I download these?
You can also digitize your receipts because it removes a lot of annoyance that is involved in recordkeeping operations. Well, regular scanning and storing receipts indicates the following:
- When tax time comes, you will not have to spend hours sorting out via a pile of squeeze receipts wondering (whether the $13 parking charge is for a client meeting or a date).
- You will not then, miss any valuable tax receipts
- You will then, know exactly where your money is spent every month hence, you can shorten the spendings where it is going out of hand.
Best Apps to Scan and Manage Receipts
There are a lot of accounting and expenditure tracking apps that offer digital scanning abilities and here, we will tell you the most well-known solutions for saving your records. Well, the following are the apps that help you out of this issue:
QuickBooks is the most well-known app for keeping records of your spending. This app is available for Android, iOS, or a web browser. It is the most powerful suite of accounting tools that enables you to scan receipts and keep records in one file. This app creates expense & financial reports, keeps bookkeeping all in a single dashboard.
Moreover, it has a number of features that are mentioned below:
- It provides an ease of managing reports and finances
- It has a quick and easy inventory management system
- An easy to define user roles & permissions
- It has simplified tracking of sales & customers
- It provides streamlined employee or payroll management
Expensify is also a well-known app used to scan and manage receipts. It is an award-winning app because this app has everything in it that a person needs. This app is compatible with Android & iOS. You have to a picture of the receipt and it scans automatically all the details and saves it. This app saves time and keeps records.
Moreover, this app is free of cost for regular users and for employers, it charges $5 per month. It also works with Freshbooks hence, making it possible to create and submit an expense report without lifting a finger. Well, it has the following features:
- It includes a feature to track distance
- It is incorporated with a phone’s GPS sensor
- Imports credit card transactions
- It combines with the accounting software (like QuickBooks or NetSuite)
Receipts by Wave also manage and save the records of the receipts. It allows you to scan the picture of the receipt and save the record of it in this app. This app is easy to use and syncs with your account and saves records in it for free. The best thing about this app is that if you lost your device then, you can still have the access to the records. This app is compatible with Android or iOS.
Also see: How to Enable and Use Edge Bar
Moreover, this app has the following features:
- It has the best OCR text recognitions of any receipt scanning app
- It has wave’s cloud-based accounting software that lets you combine receipts into reports
- You do not need to be online to scan & save receipts
- It scans more than one receipt (up to 10) at a time
- It can edit notes to go with scanned receipts
Smart Receipts can also allow their users to keep and manage the records. It can easily capture and organize your receipts. This app also saves time when you generate the expense report and also, lets you track mileage, especially during traveling. It can track everything and takes time to track for it. Well, this app is compatible with Android or iOS.
Moreover, this app has some of the best features that are the following:
- It can export the reports and customize these to PDF, CSV, or ZIP format
- A free and open-source app
- It can take receipt photos or import them from your photo gallery
- Tag receipts you have captured (with metadata) that can help you find them later
- It syncs your receipts and reports with Google Drive
- It has an OCR feature to recognize text from your scans
Genius Scan is another app that is used for scanning and managing your receipts. It is considered one of the best apps for scanning and storing receipts, especially during traveling. This app lets you export the scanned receipts to any cloud storage account (via JPEG or PDF). It can also integrate with Box, Dropbox, Evernote, & so on. Well, this app is compatible with Android or iOS.
Moreover, this app has the following features:
- Document detection and perspective fixing
- It can scan several receipts at a time
- High-quality scans
- It can tag receipts to make finding them much easier
- It has all receipts that are stored on the phone immediately for the best safety
For a business managing receipts is a vital task, if not done properly, it will ruin their whole day. Using software for such tasks makes it quite easy for the person. In this article, we presented the best apps to scan and manage receipts. Do let us know if you find this article helpful and how often you use these apps daily.