So, you have a lot of posts on your social media platform and now you are looking to clean it up. Here are some tools that can help you mass delete posts from Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
In this updated world, social media is the most advanced and interesting modern phenomenon. There are a few people who use it exclusively to keep in touch with friends, colleagues while other people basically stream their life moments on social networks like youtube & so on. It does not matter what kind of person you are.
But, one day you will decide to limit yourself to what other people can memorize about you online or even you can decide to do a mass delete of your posts. Well, that is the point where you will encounter certain problems.
Before we get to know more about that, let’s take a look at the reasons why you might need to consider deleting posts of your Facebook, tweets, and Instagram. So, let’s get started.
Moreover, digital detox refers to a person that spends a certain time period without using gadgets or social networks in particular and it is a popular method that makes you focus on real-life social relations without any distractions.
There might be some other reasons like applying for a job (your’s new boss might not be interested to see your pictures or read your intoxicated tweets) or starting a new relationship. Also, you do not want your new partner to always remind you about old connections.
You might need to change your old photos or edit them in a battery way so none would judge you. Well, whatever the reasons might be, here is how to delete your social media updates in bulk at once and for all. So, let’s go ahead!
How To Mass Delete Tweets?
As you likely assumed that Twitter does not have a built-in function to delete numerous tweets at the same moment. Well, in order to delete an individual tweet, do follow the following steps:
- Find the post you want to delete from your timeline.
- Click the arrow icon placed at the upper right corner of your post.
- Choose the Delete Tweet option.
Make Use of TweetDelete to Mass Delete Tweets
If you are interested in batch-delete your tweets, you will have to make use of an app or use a browser extension to do it. Well, the TweetDelete app can help you mass delete Tweets and is free of cost. Also, it operates in any browser, and you can use this app either on a desktop or on a smartphone.
Here is how to delete your tweets via the TweetDelete app and simply, follow the simple steps given below:
- Go to the TweetDelete website and sign in via your Twitter account.
- When you get signed in, click the Delete tweets option.
- Choose whether you want to delete all of your tweets or just tweets from a specific duration. Also, use a text search tool to filter the posts you will like to remove.
- When you are satisfied with all the configurations then, click Delete my tweets! option
Note: You set up the app to run a Twitter cleanup daily if you like to keep updated in your feed. Well, if you have almost 3,200 tweets that you would like to remove then, repeat the process until all gone. Also, there are some other tools that assist you to mass deleting your tweets with a single click but, for most tweets, you have to pay for them. Nonetheless, you should create Archive your posts before you clear out your entire inventory.
Also see: Why Can’t I Add Someone on Facebook?
How to Mass Delete Facebook Posts
When we talk about Facebook, the most apparent option is to delete your posts at a time with a single click. To do so, do follow the following steps:
- Find the update on your profile you are interested to delete.
- Tap the three dots icon placed at the right side corner of the post.
- Select the Delete option.
However, you can delete the Facebook posts via Activity Log:
- Find the Activity Log button placed at the upper right corner of your profile.
- Select the category of posts you would like to access from the Filters column.
- To delete a post, click the pencil icon placed on the right side of each post.
Hence, both of the ways only permit you to delete your Facebook updates at a time.
Make Use of Social Book Post Manager to Mass Delete Facebook Posts
Unluckily, there is no option for this platform to delete posts the way you like to delete the browser’s cache. So, if you are not interested in wasting your time removing each Facebook post individually. Then, you have to use a browser extension or any other tool online to mass delete Facebook posts.
Like, Social Book Post Manager app is a plugin for Chrome that helps you out with that for free. Also, you can either delete your Facebook posts in masses or improve your Facebook privacy by hiding posts from other users.
Here is how to use Social Book Post Manager to mass delete your Facebook posts and follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Add the plugin-free app to your browser.
- Open your Facebook profile and go to the Activity Log option, choose a category from the Filters column placed on the left side. Like posts, you’re tagged in, or other people’s posts to your timeline.
- Open the Social Book Post Manager extension then, fill in the fields i.e., Year, Month, Text Contains, and Text Not Contains to search out the details of your posts that you like to delete.
- Check Prescan on Page to enable the preview option.
- Click the Delete option to delete the posts you have chosen.
Note: Remember that once you delete your Facebook posts then, they can not be recovered again. So, before deleting the posts and erasing all those memories, make sure to download your Facebook data first.
How to Mass Delete Instagram Posts
One of the easiest ways to delete a lot of posts on Instagram is via Cleaner for Instagram. That tool works soo well that it was removed from the Play Store. You can download its apk file and manually install it on your device. Once you are done installing, follow the steps below:
- Install and open the app on your device, follow the T&C to continue.
- Tap on Media from the options and choose posts you want to remove.
- Tap on the lightning sign on the bottom left corner and click Delete.
Note: You can clean up to 40 posts while using the free version, you can upgrade it and remove this limit. You can whitelist the users, unfollow them, or block them and the best part, you can remove likes from the posts.
Having huge storage of pictures on any platform can make it hard to find your desired ones. Especially, if you are among the old users, surely you’ll find it hard to remove the plethora of all your posts on the social media page. Thus, we have this guide for you, follow it, remove all the unnecessary posts and free your profile from your old images. If you have any queries related to this guide, do let us know in the comments.