People love to stay in touch by texting each other. This kind of chit-chat makes them close to one another and messaging has made this thing easier for them. If we take a look at the iPhone devices then, these devices seem much more efficient in doing their tasks. These devices have the facility of chat-chat in form of iMessage. It has been considered an exclusive service for users who have Apple products. As there are many other services in iPhone but none of them can beat the iMessage service.
Luckily, you really don’t need to buy an Apple device only to use iMessage on it, there are plenty of ways to use it on Android. ‘AirMessage’ is one of the well-known software that helps you to enjoy the iMessage service on any device (via a good internet connection). It is a private server and works on MacBook (via the internet connection) to send and receive iMessages. In the upcoming section, we will let you know how to get an iMessage on an Android device. So, let’s go ahead with the article.
How to Setup AirMessage Server on your MacBook?
Before moving further firstly, you are required to install an AirMessage server on your MacBook to avail the send and receive iMessage facility on an Android. Well, follow the simple steps given below:
- Head to the airmessage.org on your browser and then, scroll down to the end of the page, click a tile ‘AirMessage Server for macOS’ to download the AirMessage server.
- If you have M1 MacBook, click the option ‘Also available for silicone Macs’ to download it immediately.
- When downloaded then, double-click on a .zip file to extract an app
- When extracted, copy a .app file and paste it into the Applications folder (by using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V commands respectively).
Provide Desktop Acess:
Furthermore, you have to provide full desk access to ‘AirMessage’ before transferring the iMessage facility to your device. Well, follow the following simple steps given below:
- Head to the ‘System Preferences present on the main screen of your device
- Click the Security & Privacy option from the list that appears
- Click the Privacy tab to continue
- Scroll down and locate the Full Desk Access option then, click the Lock icon placed at the right-side bottom of a screen and authenticate yourself via the correct way of authentication.
- When authenticated, click + icon placed on a window hence, this will open a separate window on a screen.
- Locate and double-click the ‘AirMessage’ option from the list that appears to grant full desk access on your MacBook.
Moreover, the MacBook device will act as a server and is required to be active always to send and receive messages from non-Apple smartphones. In order to do this, you are required to tweak the sleep settings of your mac device. So, follow the simple steps:
- Head to the Security & Privacy option and click the Grid icon (12 dots icon) to return to the system preferences page
- Click the Energy Saver option from the list that appears
- Now, click the option Power Adapter then, tick the check box ‘prevent a computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off’
Note: If you run the AirMessage server on MacBook, the system will freeze the running software if the lid is closed irrespective of the Energy Saver option.
How to launch the AirMessage server app?
In order to start the AirMessage app then, follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Head to the icons placed on the main screen and then, launch the AirMessage app
- From the separate window that appears, click the button ‘Connect an Account’ to continue
- There appears a new window now, click ‘Sign in with Google’ to connect your account with this app
- When connected, you will receive a message click OK
That’s it. You have successfully installed the server on your MacBook device and now, you will download the AirMessage app on an Android device in the upcoming section.
How to Download & Install AirMessage App on your Android Device?
Once you have downloaded the server then, you are allowed to install the AirMessage on an Android for the Google Play Store to receive the iMessage service. So, follow the simple steps given below:
- Click on the Play Store from the options that appear on the main screen of your Android
- In the search bar, search the AirMessage app, click it
- Now, click the install option that appears on the screen
- When installed, click on the AirMessage icon from the main screen of your Android
- Tap Sign in with the Google option to sign in with your Google account that you were signed in the AirMessage server app on your MacBook device
Now, you will be allowed to see your message history. You will send and receive iMessage on your Android (especially when your MacBook is active & connected to the internet).
How to Use AirMessage Web App
AirMessage works like WhatsApp and thus they have a web version for those who love using PC more than their Mobile. You can send and receive messages on the web app, also you can send and receive media through the web app as well.
- You can start by navigating to this link
- Sign in using your account, since we are talking Android here, your Google account will do. Make sure it is the same account you use for your AirMessage app.
- Once you are connected, you’ll see all the messages on your screen. Open a conversation and send a message. After the other party reads the message, they’ll reply and you can read it directly on the screen.
There you go, the best and most convenient way to use iMessage on Android. Though it is not the official iMessage app, it gives you the same experience and works in the same way. Do let us know if you have any issues in the comment section below. Also, share with us your thoughts on how good or bad AirMessage is compared to iMessage.