In this pandemic situation, people usually love to work from home. There are a number of meetings held in offices as well as students take a number of classes online via online meeting apps. Meeting-related apps have made their tasks easier to get present at the moment on regular time. Conferencing apps make life manageable and make work easier. Different conferencing apps are used by many people and conferencing desktop apps are a more suitable way to connect with other people. Well, Webex app is one of them which is well-known in the market to settle up meetings online (via internet connection).
Moreover, if you are interested in using the Webex app then, don’t get worried. You can easily download this app for your browser and we will surely help you out with this task. Through the web app for Cisco Webex, you can easily be able to join the meetings.
You can use the Webex Meetings Web App
You can join the meetings, events, webinars, and training sessions through Webex Meeting App. This meeting option is available for your browsers. Well, the web app does not have many extensive options as the desktop app does have. But, you can get the main functions at your fingertips until the thing isn’t get downloaded.
However, the Webex Meeting app can be accessed on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
Well, you can join the meetings either without making an account or from the Webex website or from the web app.
You can join a Meeting from the Invite
If you received an invitation e-mail from anyone to join the meeting, webinar, or event then, you can easily join this. Simply, open up an email, the meeting will have a Join a Meeting option, join it. It will let you to the meeting link.
- On Linux and ChromeOS, it will automatically take you to the web app.
- In Mac and Windows, firstly, it will let you open the desktop app. Click the option “Join from your browser” placed at the bottom to go to the web app.
- If you are logged in there, you’ll be redirected immediately, but if you are not, you’ll get the option to join the meeting without signing in.
- Though you’ll need to enter your name (mandatory), Email(optional) before you proceed. Solve the captcha to prove your humanity and click next. It will take some seconds and you’ll be logged in via the name you entered. However, without your account, you won’t be able to enjoy all the features of the app.
- Without the account, you have to wait in the lobby until you are given access to join. Once you are in the meeting and your browser will ask to access the camera and microphone. Click Allow and then you can talk via your mic and everyone can see you via your webcam. You can also review your camera and mic settings, and once you are ready, you can join the meeting.
- If the meeting is locked, then you can’t enter without host permission.
You can join a Meeting via Meeting Number
To join a meeting with the help of a meeting number and follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- You can go to this link from a supported browser
- Click ‘join a meeting’ placed at the top and then, Enter a meeting number
- Now, click Continue and then, Enter the meeting password
- You will reach the Meeting page simply, click ‘Join meeting’ to join it
That’s it! So, in this way, you are allowed to join the meeting with the help of the meeting number.
You can start and join meetings via the Web App
You can join the meeting as well as start the meeting via the Webex meeting web app. Well, you have to sign in to it and then, follow the simple steps:
- Go to webex.com to open up the web app
- Click the Sign-in option placed on the top and login into your account
- If you are on an old app or seeing an old version on the web, then click the drop-down arrow. If you don’t see any drop-down arrow, then you can click the “Start a Meeting” option.
- Choose the “Web App” from the options, then you can finally click “Start the Meeting” and that’ll start the meeting in your room.
- You can use the host’s name in the search bar to search for another meeting. You can search for the room using a personal room ID or link, meeting title, or the meeting number.
- If the room exists, you’ll see the results underneath the search bar, click on it and Join.
- If it asks for a password, it will be given in the meeting invite, check the pass, enter it and join.
Also see: How To Download SoundCloud Songs
On the New Meeting Experience
- If you are on the new meeting experience, then there is a little difference in navigation,
- You can find the meeting option in the bottom left corner.
- Click on it and then click the “Start a meeting” button.
- If you want to join the meeting, click the “Join a meeting” button.
- Enter any info you have about the room and then enter the password and join.
Starting or joining a meeting on Webex is quite easy, you just need some details about the room along with the password and you are good to go. Even if you don’t have an account, no need to worry, you can join without an account but you won’t be able to enjoy the true experience. If you have any problems, do let us know and our team will
fix them ASAP. Do share with us how often you use Webex for meetings and how good the experience was for you.