Streaming services are always utilized by a large number of people because these services let you download songs or tracks (on PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone) which can be then enjoyed wherever or whenever you want. Well, SoundCloud is one of them. It is considered one of the best streaming sites which helps you to download the latest songs and it also stays on top of upcoming and new artists.
Moreover, you can not only listen to music but also get a chance to upload your own songs, audio files, and audiobooks when you listen without paying any cost. Also, if you tell this app which genre you like, it will then, suggest new music content on your SoundCloud account based on your choices and tastes. Also, you can listen to podcasts too and there is no interruption of commercials in it.
How can you Download SoundCloud Songs?
SoundCloud enables you to download tracks or songs from it. You have to sign in to it to get your favorite tracks to get downloaded.
On Mac or PC
Follow the simple steps:
- Open the SoundCloud app and log in to your account
- Find your favorite songs you want to download
- Under the waveforms and under the comments, there appear an option click More
- From the dropdown menu list, select the Download option.
Note: not all tracks are downloadable and it totally depends on a person who uploads this track has been given access to download or not. Also, an individual track can be downloaded only not whole albums or playlists.
On Mobile devices
You are unable to download without paying any cost to download SoundCloud tracks on mobile devices. You have to subscribe to either SoundCloud Go ($4.99/£5.99/AU$4.99 a month) or SoundCloud Go+ ($9.99/£9.99/AU$11.99 a month). If you are a member then, you can save the playlist and can listen to it offline.
However, to save a playlist offline then, follow the simple step given below:
- Open SoundCloud and sign in to it
- Search the playlist of your choice and click the Download option which is placed next to the Like’s button.
- Now, add tracks to the online playlist. Hence, your offline version will update automatically.
- You can also save your Likes and playlists to listen to them offline. Then, simply, head to your offline listening settings option and enable the Save option. That’s it!
How can you Download SoundCloud Songs?
There are three different ways to download SoundCloud songs on your PCs or devices and they also can be listened to offline.
Using The Download Feature
There is a dedicated download feature in the web SoundCloud app. It is kind of similar to downloading from Youtube. You will be able to save it on your device, and you can listen to songs if your internet is down.
- To do this, open a track and right-click on it.
- You’ll see lots of options and among them, you’ll also see the download option.
- Click on the Download option and the track will be saved on your device like any regular song. Though, artists can choose to restrict the downloading of the songs if they want. So, if you won’t see any download option, it is simply because the artist doesn’t want you to download the song.
- In some cases, you might be re-directed to another site to download the song. If they are doing it without any signup, feel free to download it. Because if you create an account there, you might use it once but your account is linked there forever.
From Your Web Browser
If you don’t want to download using the download feature, then you can use extensions to download songs from SoundCloud. The best part about extensions is that you can download restricted songs as well. Though, we won’t recommend them as that is an act of piracy.
- To do this, download the SoundCloud downloader extension. You need to choose the browser you are using on the right side so you’ll get the right version. They were available on Firefox and Chrome store but removed since they violate the SoundCloud policies.
- Once the extension is available to use, open the extension, paste the URL of your desired song, click the download button and watch the magic. But since it is not an official extension, it might bring malware to your PC.
Using a 3rd Party Website
You can also use some websites to download SoundCloud songs. Some websites have an online downloading tool that requires no extension or app. You visit those websites, paste the URL and download the song. Though be careful not to create an account there if you don’t want to use them frequently
You can’t download Soundcloud songs on mobile, you can only create a playlist and save your songs there. Much like YouTube, then you can listen to them when you are offline. Tap on the song, save it in your playlist, and listen whenever you want. But, you’ll need active internet to run the app, and then you can listen to offline songs. This is a headache but apart from this you can use the app however you want.
How to Save Your Songs For Easy Listening?
Streaming service like SoundCloud is considered a good option to listen to tracks or songs offline without paying any cost. Also, there are many sites where you have this facility of enjoying the tracks i.e., from Spotify or Apple Music to Google Play Music and YouTube too. This site also enables you to listen to podcasts, audiobooks, and so on. Well, the above-mentioned details and methods will surely help you to download the songs from SoundCloud and also, let you enjoy your favorite tracks and playlists.
However, we will be really excited to know that which one of these methods helps you out and let you download SoundCloud songs to enjoy them offline too. Also, share your reviews in the comment box mentioned below.