Twitch App is a live streaming app and provides you with a chit-chat option during playing games. This app makes your time more enjoyable while playing games with friends and family. You can broadcast your own gaming content too. Well, there is also one more thing you can watch this app is on Roku. It is considered one of the most effective ways to steam your content but it is not a much easier way to watch Twitch. Well, Roku once had a Twitch official channel which was then removed. Due to this Roku was also banned in the market. However, if you want to still watch Twitch on Roku then, this can be possible using unofficial methods. Well, we will provide you with the most suitable methods which will truly work out for you in the upcoming section.
How to Watch Twitch on Roku Through Twoku
The first way to watch Twitch on Roku is through an unofficial app i.e., Twoku. This app is cooperating but some features are still missing like you can not chit-chat with friends and their search function is limited and not much helpful.
Well, it gets evolves then, their features will become available. Well, follow the simple steps to have Twoku on your Roku device:
- Go to https://my.roku.com/account/add
- Search Twoku in a search bar and select the captcha then, click Add Channel
- Choose OK for the warning that appears
- Select Yes, add a channel in the next pop-up
However, now, your Twoku app gets started and appears in your channel lineup. Now, start the app to see the current streams, search for specific channels, and more. Well, follow the following steps:
- Log in to Roku device and on mobile or PC, go to two-web.herokuapp.com
- Enter the four-digit code that appears on a screen
- Read the grants Twoku requires and select Authorize placed at the bottom
So, by doing this, the Roku device is switched to Twitch’s main page. Now, you will be able to watch the channels you followed on the sidebar. You can watch any of them. But, you can not follow any new channels (via the Twoku channel). Hence, it is considered the best option because you can Twitch content without using mobile.
Also see: How to Insert a Signature in Google Docs
How to Watch Roku on Twitch with Screen Mirroring
If you are not satisfied by trusting unofficial apps then, there might be another option available for you. The Roku can mirror the screen on your iOS devices. To know how to do this, follow the simple steps given below:
- Open the Twitch app on your device and choose a channel to watch you would like to stream
- Swipe down from the top right of a screen to open a Command Center
- Select Screen Monitoring and then, tap your Roku device
- If you are using Airplay or Screen monitoring for the first time on Roku then, it will ask for a four-digit code. This code appears on your screen
However, this option will let you chat on a device and enables you to talk with the viewers when you leave your live stream itself on a TV screen. You can also search for other channels on your mobile app. You can pause it but the channel still appears on a screen and you can leave the chat too.
How to Watch Twitch on Roku through a Web Browser
If you don’t want to use the app to stream Twitch, there is another way to do so. You can watch Twitch on your browser via Roku. While you’ll get the same experience as the Roku app, you won’t be able to excess some features that are exclusive to the app. But this is also a good option since you can access it with your friends as well, you really don’t need to install the app to use Roku. You can use any browser you have, but we suggest Google Chrome since it is easy to use and support Twitch better than other platforms. Follow the guide below to watch Twitch using Roku on a Web Browser.
- Open the command center on your Laptop (Bottom right on Windows, Top right on Mac)
- Select Screen Mirroring.
- Choose your Roku device from the list and then whatever is on your PC screen will display on your TV. Open your web browser on your laptop, open twitch, and start watching your favorite streams.
If it is your first time connecting to Roku, you’ll receive a prompt to enter a code. Once you do that, you can use Twitch on your browser and you don’t have to use any other app.
Also see: How to Insert a Signature in Google Docs
How to Watch Roku on Twitch Through Airplay
If you don’t want to use the screen mirroring option for any reason. Or for some reason screen mirroring is not working with you, there is another way. You can use Airplay to watch Twitch on Roku, the process is the same and it works the same way as well. The only thing is that it is exclusive for iOS devices since Airplay works on iPhone and Macbook.
- Open the Twitch app and open the channel you want to watch.
- Now swipe down to bring your command center.
- On the top right corner, you’ll find the Airplay icon, tap on it.
- Now choose Roku from the list of compatible devices
- That’ll bring the content to your device while the chat will remain on your phone.
This is great since most people start abusing on the chat and you don’t want everyone to read it.
The easiest solution would be Roku restoring the Twitch app, but that is not happening soon, so we are stuck using other methods to do this. However, these tutorials are not complicated and you can easily follow them. But if you do find any problems while following them, let us know in the comments below. We’ll try to find and solve that problem for you ASAP. Do share with us who is your favorite streamer or if you stream on Twitch how good is the response.