Google is the most searchable app which is most widely used by most people. This app helps you search for everything of your choice like songs, movies, and so on. You can also the things with your friends and family having proper security. This app basically organizes the world’s information makes it reachable to everyone which proves helpful and useful too. It is easy to use and secure app. Well, there are many websites that you use for searching your content, however, are not considered safe enough especially when you share your devices with children. However, if this is done by Google then, it will automatically block the clear content by default. This task is done SafeSearch system of the Google app. SafeSearch does not allow the content that is considered not good for children. But it provides a safer way for children and adults to search the internet. Well, in the upcoming section we will let you about how to turn off the SafeSearch of the Google app.
Disabling Google SafeSearch on PC or Mac
If you are a Google user then, it is quite easy to disable SafeSearch filtering. This is will provide you a quick search results access with queries you create including some clear results.
However, the below-mentioned steps will allow you to disable the SafeSearch for any desktop platform (like Linux, Windows, and Mac).
- Open your Google browser and search your query then, on this page on the top right side a setting option is there, click it.
- Select Search settings from the list and then, make sure to uncheck the Turn on SafeSearch checkbox, which will disable it.
- Now, scroll down and select the Save option.
Hence, this will disable your SafeSearch immediately, and don’t forget to check out by doing any searching. If it does not work out then, you did any mistake. Well, this system’s explicit results will appear from time to time. If you wanna confirm whether it turns off or not then, you should ask some queries or look at the top-right of search results.
Turn Off Google SafeSearch on Mobile Browsers
We tend to use mobiles more than PC nowadays, thus we need to mess with the Safesearch on our mobile browsers as well. We are using Google Chrome, so if you use a different browser, you can check their general settings to see any options for Bold/Explicit content.
- Open the browser app on your mobile.
- Tap the 3-bars at the top right corner, that looks like a hamburger but is not real.
- Tap on settings from the next menu.
- Then click on Search settings and in that search settings you can choose to show or hide the explicit content.
- Save your settings and then check if Google is showing you explicit content on your search or not.
Turning Off Google SafeSearch in the Google Search App on Android
If you prefer to use the Google app instead of a browser, you’ll have to disable the Safesearch there as well.
- Open the Google app on your device, you can swipe left and right from the home screen to open the Google news as well.
- Tap on the More option in the bottom left corner.
- That’ll open the menu where you can choose the settings.
- Select General options from the settings menu.
- You’ll see the SafeSearch button at the bottom, toggle the button to turn it on or off.
- Once done, go back and try searching something explicit and you’ll see the original results.
Turning Off Google SafeSearch in the Google Search App on iPhone and iPad
While Android users can follow the method above, iOS users can follow this method. It works for both iPad and iPhone, so feel free to do it on either of the devices you own.
- Open the Google app on your device.
- Tap on the top right corner icon to access settings (you’ll see a pop-up, in that pop-up choose settings).
- Open the General options from those settings.
- Scroll down and choose Search options from those general settings.
- You’ll see a pop-up, in that pop-up you have two options: Show Explicit Results, Hide Explicit Results.
- Choose Hide Explicit Results to turn on the Safesearch and tap Show Explicit Results to turn off the Safesearch.
- Once done, save your changes and go back to Google and search for something bold and you’ll see the results without any problem.
Staying Safe Online
Filtering explicit results from the search is a good feature, but not all like this thing. If you have kids and one of them is using a PC or mobile, then you’ll definitely need to keep the Safesearch on. And looking at the modern generation, every other kid has a mobile in his hand and every other game will lead to an ad that leads to explicit content. Keeping the SafeSearch on won’t redirect them to such sites or block all the content they should not see.
However, if you are using it on your own, then turning off the SafeSearch will show you more results. Obviously, most content is not hiding anything and you’ll see that content too. So, how you like to search, with filters or without filters, do share with us your experience and how this tutorial worked out for you.