Discord app is a platform where you are allowed to make communities with friends and family. This app makes you enjoy and fun (via texts, voice, and video calls). This app makes it easy to stay in touch and hang out with friends and family all over the globe. Discord works efficiently and is free of cost. Well, most people love to use different apps in a dark mode because this seems pretty fascinating to them. This facility is also available for the Discord app too. This platform has both light and dark modes on android as well as on PCs. However, there are simple and easy ways to enable dark mode on Discord on both mobile and desktop. Well, we are here to tell you how this can be done and will also highlight it in the upcoming section.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Discord Mobile App
You can enable dark mode in the Discord app by following up the simple and easy steps:
- Open the app and click the three vertical lines on the top left side to view the options
- Tap your profile icon at the bottom right side of the screen called ‘User Settings’
- Scroll down and search the ‘Appearance’ option, click it
- Locate the ‘Theme’ option and tap the button ‘Dark’
So, this app enables the dark mode which is done by default and appears to all the clients. Well, to restrict this theme to just for yourself. On the Appearance page, tap on the blue toggle button on the left bottom side to sync the mode to yourself. If you want to have light mode then simply choose the light option.
Also see: How to Send an Anonymous Text Message
How to Enable Dark Mode in Discord on Desktop
If you are interested to enable this app in dark mode on the desktop then, the steps for the browser and app on a desktop are the same. Well, the following are the simple steps:
- Firstly, open the app on your PC and search ‘User settings’ placed at the left bottom of a screen
- Locate ‘App Settings’ and find out ‘Appearance’ option in the list
- Then, locate the ‘theme’ option and select the ‘Dark’ option. Also, sync it with the system by clicking a blue toggle button
However, if you want this app in light mode then, select the ‘light’ option and sync it with a system too. Well, this theme reflects on a web browser and vice versa.
The dark mode might not be a big thing in Discord, but if you are using a dark theme on your PC, it is better to stay dark in your apps as well. A dark theme not only brings less stress to your eyes but also saves battery if you are using a laptop. Moreover, a dark theme looks much cooler than a light one, so why not use it. In case you have any problems related to using the dark themes on discord, let us know.