People who love to write are very curious about the representation of that particular topic. Without presenting a work in a good way does not create a good image among teachers, seniors, etc. Well, a text box is considered an impressive and a good way to represent your thoughts in a visual form. These kinds of text boxes make your presentation of work look more representable, professional, and formal especially when it is shared with friends and seniors.
Moreover, google docs help you to make your work more representable by inserting text boxes which enables you to insert textboxes or images in the desired document. Also, these boxes and images can be dragged between, around in a document. Well, we are here to help you out and also tell you about how to insert a text box in Google Docs.
Furthermore, text boxes help you understand your document in the best and most representable way. A text box and shape can be inserted from ‘Insert Menu’ into Google Docs. Also, you can edit boxes and shapes at any time by just clicking on them. Well, the following are the below-mentioned four steps to insert a text box in Google Docs.
Using The Drawing Tool
The drawing tool is not a straightforward way to insert text boxes but is easy to use and also, enables you to use text boxes throughout a file. With this tool, you can also draw an image and then, upload it on Google Drive. Also, you can add lines styles, various shapes, arrows, and callouts. Well, the following are the steps to insert a text box (via drawing tool) in a document:
- Open a document file
- Then, click Insert icon > Drawing tool
- Now, click a New option to create a Text box and you click & drag in a drawing area
- Then, add and customize the text box
- Finally, click Save & Close button placed at the top-right side
Use Shapes To Create A Text Box In Google Docs
You can add shapes (such as rectangles, squares, callouts, flowcharts, and so on) to your document to make it more representable. Also, you can customize them by adding colors in the background or changing the border width. Well, the following are the steps to add shapes to a document:
- Open a document file
- Now, click an Insert icon > then, Drawing tool
- Click the New button and then, click the Shapes command to select the desired shape
- Now, drag the mouse to the right to create the shape you desired, and to write within that shape double-click anywhere in the box then, enter your text in it.
- Finally, click Save & Close button to save the document
Insert a Text Box In Google Docs Using a Single Cell Table
This trick comes in handy and if you try it in front of someone, you can surprise them with your creativity. However, it is simple enough that anyone can do it. Basically, what you are doing is stretching the cell box and making it an entire text box. Your docs won’t recognize it as a test box but this gives you more control over the adjustment. Here is how to do it:
- Click on Insert > Table and then choose a single row and single column.
- The single-cell will appear in your docs and you can drag it to adjust the length and width.
- You can also adjust the color, style, or size as you like if you want to highlight the text. To give a more professional look to your document, it is better to highlight the important parts.
Insert Images Into a Text Box
After creating a text box however the way you like it, follow this to insert images in that text box. We suggest using the third method if you want to add images since you have more options to adjust the text box. You can also overlay the image with text, to clarify what the image is about. Here is how you can do this:
Also see: Can You Play PS4 Games On PS5?
- Click on the text box or the shape, then click on Edit at the bottom of that text box.
- Choose the image option in the menu, locate the gallery type icon and click on that.
- You can upload an image from your PC or use a URL to direct upload the image. You can also use an image right from your Google drive if you want.
- Now that you have added the images, it is time to add text above the image. Once again, click the Edit button in the text bar.
- Now type the text you want to and click on an empty area somewhere. That’ll save the text in the shape. Once that is over, you can click on Edit again and make changes as you like for color, transparency, etc.
- Drag the text box to your desired position and enjoy!
Move an Image in Google Docs
If you try to move a text box containing an image, you’ll either move the box or the image inside it. To move both of them, you’ll need to make some changes. Follow below to learn how:
- Click on the image
- Locate the image options on top and click on them.
- On the right-hand side, you’ll see the “Text Wrapping”, click on it and you’ll see a drop-down menu.
- Choose the middle option “Wrap Text” and Voila!, now you can easily move the image.
- If you to move the image into a small increment? Hold down the Shift key and use the arrow keys to move the image.
Adding a text box in google docs is easy. But since it doesn’t have a default option, you have to rely on other methods. In this article, we presented 4 different ways that you can follow to add a text box in google docs. Depending upon how you want to see the final results, choose a particular method. If you are not sure which one would be easy for you, create a text box using a table. This not only gives you more control over the shape and size of the text box! But also helps you adjust and customize it easily.